4 x BD LP6’s installed on stock front bumper.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Installed same on my ADD bolt on pro with light loop tonight. I run a LVJ relay and just did high beams. Where did you get the running light input from?
Bajas website. Lists the lights at 6.5 Amps each so 13 total and the fuse is 15amps. Blew both fuses I had them wired too so definitely pulling more then the site says.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Installed same on my ADD bolt on pro with light loop tonight. I run a LVJ relay and just did high beams. Where did you get the running light input from?
Misread this. The running light is under the hood above the grill. It’s plug and play with the @Specialtyperformanceparts adapted.

Attachments

• 795CA64A-E311-46E6-8693-910359DDA232.jpeg
    795CA64A-E311-46E6-8693-910359DDA232.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 43

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Side note: two LP6’s are rated under 15amps so I wired them with out relays and they blew the fuse.

I used the wire harness kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts for everything and it was super simple.

I have the LP4’s and accounted for current at the sum of both main lights and side shooting. LP6 shows:

Specifications​

Product TypeLP6 Pro LED Light Pod
DescriptionDriving/Combo; Clear
Beam PatternDriving/Combo
Lens ColorClear
Lighting ModesHigh Beam/Low Beam/Day-Time Running Backlighting
Light Quantity1
Lighting TypeForward Projecting
Lighting TechnologyLED
Lighting Quantity6
Brightness (Lumens)8,600
Wattage (W)90
Amperage Rating (A)6.5
Secondary Lighting TypeIntegrated Peripheral Technology (IPT)
Secondary Lighting TechnologyLED
Secondary Light Quantity4 LEDs
Secondary Brightness (Lumens)1,700
Secondary Wattage (W)15
Secondary Amperage Rating (A)1.0
Backlight Wattage (W)4.14
Backlight Amperage Rating (A)0.3
Terminal TypeMating Connector
Terminal ConnectorDT06-4S Deutsch
Average Rated Life (hr.)49,930
Housing ColorBlack
Housing MaterialHard Anodized Machined Aluminum
Lens MaterialHardcoated Polycarbonate
Bezel MaterialBillet Machined Aluminum
Mounting Hardware IncludedYes
Mounting Hardware MaterialStainless Steel
Wiring Harness IncludedNo
Overvoltage ProtectionBuilt-In
Universal or SpecificUniversal

Interesting because the LP4 seem to also be rated at 6.7 amps... hmm.

power = volts x amps.

we have power of 90w. this is scalable, if you check other lights, each of the “reflectors” is ~15w. 6x15 for the LP6 = 90. However, 90 / 6.5 =13.8...

I believe it was @The Car Stereo Company who recommended using a relay if we were using >75% of the circuit capacity. Modern automobile wiring is very thin, and it wouldn’t take much to introduce greater resistance.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the LP4’s and accounted for current at the sum of both main lights and side shooting. LP6 shows:

Specifications​

Product TypeLP6 Pro LED Light Pod
DescriptionDriving/Combo; Clear
Beam PatternDriving/Combo
Lens ColorClear
Lighting ModesHigh Beam/Low Beam/Day-Time Running Backlighting
Light Quantity1
Lighting TypeForward Projecting
Lighting TechnologyLED
Lighting Quantity6
Brightness (Lumens)8,600
Wattage (W)90
Amperage Rating (A)6.5
Secondary Lighting TypeIntegrated Peripheral Technology (IPT)
Secondary Lighting TechnologyLED
Secondary Light Quantity4 LEDs
Secondary Brightness (Lumens)1,700
Secondary Wattage (W)15
Secondary Amperage Rating (A)1.0
Backlight Wattage (W)4.14
Backlight Amperage Rating (A)0.3
Terminal TypeMating Connector
Terminal ConnectorDT06-4S Deutsch
Average Rated Life (hr.)49,930
Housing ColorBlack
Housing MaterialHard Anodized Machined Aluminum
Lens MaterialHardcoated Polycarbonate
Bezel MaterialBillet Machined Aluminum
Mounting Hardware IncludedYes
Mounting Hardware MaterialStainless Steel
Wiring Harness IncludedNo
Overvoltage ProtectionBuilt-In
Universal or SpecificUniversal

Interesting because the LP4 seem to also be rated at 6.7 amps... hmm.

power = volts x amps.

we have power of 90w. this is scalable, if you check other lights, each of the “reflectors” is ~15w. 6x15 for the LP6 = 90. However, 90 / 6.5 =13.8...

I believe it was @The Car Stereo Company who recommended using a relay if we were using >75% of the circuit capacity. Modern automobile wiring is very thin, and it wouldn’t take much to introduce greater resistance.
correct. once at 75% a circuits maximum heat becomes an issue. heat causes resistance and power loss. using a relay will keep the circuit cool and get maximum powerand output of your light, as well protect against power surge from power on/power off, or a power spike of any kind.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
correct. once at 75% a circuits maximum heat becomes an issue. heat causes resistance and power loss. using a relay will keep the circuit cool and get maximum powerand output of your light, as well protect against power surge from power on/power off, or a power spike of any kind.

I saw first hand what happens with a poor contact over the weekend. Fired up my electric brewing kettle and it cut out immediately. Some disassembly revealed my four post switch failed at the post sending power to the control panel. The switch post had completely burned through or broken off. There was some burn indications on the switch and scorching.

Inspection revealed the male/female connector was barely able to hold contact. Field expedient repair to get the batch completed; I soldered a pigtail to the base for the post.

socal raptor

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll be using them now