GEN 2 4 Wheel Alignment - Can’t Achieve 100% With Stock Set-up???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a 4 wheel alignment done after my drivers side coil spring broke on my 17 with 61,000kms on it Has anyone ever heard of these “special performance” (rack and pinion bolts)??
My service advisor told me that the best they can do on the alignment on any F-150 with factory bolts is about 95% alignment that if I wanted it perfect I would need to have these after market bolts installed (for $408 Can out the door installation included - as well as the labor to get it to 100%)
Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is talking about the Lower Control Arm LCA bolts.
There are kits to make adjusting the control arm faster and easier. Should not be necessary, but faster. I think 95% is salesman talk for flat rate - book time. More like 99%
There is no such thing as 100% alignment as its a range.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got a 4 wheel alignment done after my drivers side coil spring broke on my 17 with 61,000kms on it Has anyone ever heard of these “special performance” (rack and pinion bolts)??
My service advisor told me that the best they can do on the alignment on any F-150 with factory bolts is about 95% alignment that if I wanted it perfect I would need to have these after market bolts installed (for $408 Can out the door installation included - as well as the labor to get it to 100%)
Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks
He is ful of crap. If he cant do a proper alignment then go elsewhere. Now, keeping a raptor aligned while harsh offroading is another thing, the cam alignment kits work to keep the lower control arms from moving out of alignment during offroading and altering that part of the alignment process.