37" Tires on Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johnlocal3

Reaction score
Raptizzle,

Thankyou for the picture showing the firewall mod that is exactly what I was looking for.

Now about the gas milage, does 2"s really drop you're mpg to a noticable level? Same thing with the speedometer, is it adjustable?

My main reason for getting the bigger tires was more aesthetic than anything. I like the more aggressive slightly taller look.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptizzle,

Thankyou for the picture showing the firewall mod that is exactly what I was looking for.

Now about the gas milage, does 2"s really drop you're mpg to a noticable level? Same thing with the speedometer, is it adjustable?

My main reason for getting the bigger tires was more aesthetic than anything. I like the more aggressive slightly taller look.

No worries... Believe it or not, I haven't even done this mod to my truck (yet) but my shop did this for Chrisandalex's. He was running 35's but the offset on his 20" rims were so extreme that they rubbed really bad. Even my 37's with a 0mm offset wheel had less rubbing issues than his.

I haven't re-calibrated my instrument gauges because I'm really not all that worried but I'm sure it's possible. The mileage difference isn't all that bad but c'mon, we didn't buy these trucks to be concerned with MPG's... :crazy:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Wider would provide more surface area, not taller.

Aside from looking more aggressive, I think there are more negatives than positives.

1) Speedo is now not accurate.
2) Our already ****** gas milege is now even worse
3) Firewall and suspension mods required
3) More weight

They do look good, I admit that!

he's right, well you both are...but a taller tire will provide a longer contact surface area. wider tires provide a wider contact surface area.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigger tire means bigger holes you can roll through. Both of our Trophey Trucks run 39s and we also have 42s now.

Bigger tire
Ground Clearence - you say it doesn't matter but you can always use another inch :)
Tire size equals more contact on the ground - yes and yes

I will take pics of the TT. If you want to go for a ride let me know. I will glady arrange a
"test" so you can see the difference between 2-4 inches

You will be shocked I promise

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2007 F150 XLT, I put a Superchip programmer in it that mounted on the dash. All I had to do was go thru piece by piece and recalibrate it for 35s, 4.10 gears, and so on. I don't see why you couldn't find a programmer that does the same for your Raptor

kman54

Reaction score
am i crazy or do those say 35's?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Your truck looks great...and ADV1 are tested for the Raptor. Also, what did you do to get that much rwhp with exhaust and a tune?

ADV1WBFordRaptor1-1024x679.jpg

ADV1WBFordRaptor7.jpg

dont these adv wheels say 35's? not 37s?