35s upgraded wheels or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a leadfoot on order. I like the beadlocks on my ‘19, but don’t like the ‘21 35” beadlocks. So I went with the cheap stock rims and ordered some black icon alloy rebounds and lug nuts for less than $1k. They’re currently sitting in my basement waiting for the new truck to arrive.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a leadfoot on order. I like the beadlocks on my ‘19, but don’t like the ‘21 35” beadlocks. So I went with the cheap stock rims and ordered some black icon alloy rebounds and lug nuts for less than $1k. They’re currently sitting in my basement waiting for the new truck to arrive.
Isn't the offset way off from the stock wheels?

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beadlocks all day. They screwed up with the base wheel option, just don’t look good.

Reaction score
I love the 37 rims. Will be going with a 35 in Leadfoot with base rims. I’m thinking of powder coating them black with Ford Performance black lug nuts. I just don’t like the 35 beadlock look at all and I don’t need beadlocks.

RaptorND

Reaction score
I love the 37 rims. Will be going with a 35 in Leadfoot with base rims. I’m thinking of powder coating them black with Ford Performance black lug nuts. I just don’t like the 35 beadlock look at all and I don’t need beadlocks.
That’s my plan as well. Even considered the gen 2 rims. Would love to get the the 37 inch rim though

Lawman

Reaction score
View attachment 313165

I went with the agate black, 800A, raptor ext logo package, tonneau bed cover, spray in bed, with the upgraded bead lock wheels.

I went back and forth with the wheels but the thought of them coming from factory made me think they might help resale value over installing myself.
First, when it comes to wheels, no prospective buyer cares whether the mounted wheels came with the truck or they were mounted the following day or year by a tire store. You should buy what you like best.

Installing aftermarket wheels of the same size and offset/backspacing will have zero effect on warranty.

Several people in this thread have mentioned the future resale or trade value of one wheel option over another. In my opinion, thinking about the future value of an option is the wrong mindset.

We’re in crazy times now, with ridiculous prices being paid for everything, but for the first forty years of my vehicle buying-and-selling experience most vehicles depreciated over 20% when you roll off the lot (assuming you didn’t get “grossed” on the initial purchase price), and close to 10% per year thereafter. The real value of most factory options decreases much more rapidly than the basic vehicle.

If you look at the hottest cars from the 60s and 70s, their present collector value may jump significantly if the came equipped with a rare and desirable factory option, like AC, but even the most desirable vehicles, like a 69 Chevy Z28 or a loaded 69 Mach 1, depreciated sharply over the first five or eight years. They later became extremely valuable due to nostalgia and limited supply and demand, but even those special cars can’t be considered a good “investment”, because the same money put in the stock market over the same period of time did MUCH better.

I think you’ll be happier if you buy what you like and want to own and drive, and don’t assume you’ll recover more than 50% of any dollar you spend. If the world stays crazy and vehicles hold their value you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you sell.

party2309

Reaction score
First, when it comes to wheels, no prospective buyer cares whether the mounted wheels came with the truck or they were mounted the following day or year by a tire store. You should buy what you like best.

Installing aftermarket wheels of the same size and offset/backspacing will have zero effect on warranty.

Several people in this thread have mentioned the future resale or trade value of one wheel option over another. In my opinion, thinking about the future value of an option is the wrong mindset.

We’re in crazy times now, with ridiculous prices being paid for everything, but for the first forty years of my vehicle buying-and-selling experience most vehicles depreciated over 20% when you roll off the lot (assuming you didn’t get “grossed” on the initial purchase price), and close to 10% per year thereafter. The real value of most factory options decreases much more rapidly than the basic vehicle.

If you look at the hottest cars from the 60s and 70s, their present collector value may jump significantly if the came equipped with a rare and desirable factory option, like AC, but even the most desirable vehicles, like a 69 Chevy Z28 or a loaded 69 Mach 1, depreciated sharply over the first five or eight years. They later became extremely valuable due to nostalgia and limited supply and demand, but even those special cars can’t be considered a good “investment”, because the same money put in the stock market over the same period of time did MUCH better.

I think you’ll be happier if you buy what you like and want to own and drive, and don’t assume you’ll recover more than 50% of any dollar you spend. If the world stays crazy and vehicles hold their value you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you sell.

I disagree here, selling back to a ford or other dealerships will usually value the vehicle more depending on what accessories were installed back when first bought if installed from "Ford" itself. At least in my experience, they have numerous times. Next, Raptors are like Toyota Tacomas and hold their value well for the most part so disagree with the "hot wheels" car comparison. I also have owned 4 Tacomas for over 12 years and never have lost much if anything since buying them. As a matter of fact, I will be getting 7k+ for my 4x4 Tacoma when I sell it next month.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just added the upgraded wheels to my order. i think they look awesome now that i've seen some more pics of them. i think the base wheels look terrible to be honest. the gen 2 wheels look way better