303 for tires= WIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally tried the 303 aerospace protectant on the tires today and WOW! Awesome! It goes on super nice with a foam applicator and a little goes a long way. It soaks right in and leaves the tires looking black, very slightly glossy, and dry. They just look like good clean new tires, not a dripping glazed doughnut. Also, it is probably about the most protective of the treatments out there. It is recommended by Alaska bushwheels to protect the expensive bush tires on the airplanes around here so it must be pretty good. Those tires get a ton of abuse and sit outside all the time. I'll have to see how it wears but honestly, it's so easy to use that I don't mind at all if I have to apply it every wash. I also put it on the bed rail caps and rear bumper plastic just for fun. I'll update in a while with my thoughts after it being in use some.

E-0438-4B91-ADEA-C7F8CCF4CBB4-851-0000014B1CE95790.jpg

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
looks good! will be interesting to see how long it lasts.
i love a clean looking tire, but ill never use that stuff.
my tires get dirty to often to even bother with it.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been using it for years to protect my canoe from the sun. Works great. Don't know if the "clean" look will last on the tires though. I think I'll try it.

Joe

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I probably should have cleaned mine before I left...but i didn't...sorry CS!

Your tires look good man, I'm interested to see how long that stuff will hold up.

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, you're tire is too clean. go ge it dirty
Don't worry, it was dirty again before I got to work this AM. Besides, I am just trying to keep it as clean as possible before the winter comes. Then it'll be a lost cause.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh crap, i didnt realize you were in alaska. WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING TRYING TO SHINE YOUR TIRES IN ALASKA?!?!?!

its impossible to keep anything clean up there

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used 303 for years, great for the inside. Never did it on the tires but I have done it on the bumpers and outside trim. Its not good on the outside. First rain you will see it streaking then it will be gone. Not sure if it will do that on a tire but I think 303 is water based so the outcome should be the same as my bumpers.

I have had good luck with Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel. Hit this vid watch when it gets hit by water. I have had it last up to six weeks with rain and the Florida sun.
I have to ask Boss Hoss what he uses, he knows the latest and greatest.

Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel para Pneus Meguiars - YouTube

OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been raining for a couple of days now. I did notice some streaking but honestly, the tires are dirty from the rain anyway so I'm not too worried about it.