2nd Gen Ford Raptor vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does seem that TFL paid slightly over sticker for their '20 SCREW but it doesn't really matter what they were selling for a year ago, only what the market is currently demanding. Right now the market says MSRP or higher for both the Raptor and the TRX.

As for whether the Raptor is 'bare' under the hood, that seems silly. It's obviously worth noting that the TRX has so much HP, but it's not really useful for anything beyond bragging rights or as a party trick. I would easily rather have a fully loaded 802A Raptor with 450hp over a Level 1 TRX that is missing some pretty obvious options like the sunroof, parking sensors, blindspot, ventilated seats, etc.

Hell, I don't think the Level 1 TRX even has a proximity key. That's more useful to me than the extra horsepower when the alternative truck weighs so much less and still has 450hp.

Is “Launch Control” standard equipment in the TRX? LOL. Since all Hellcat variants probably come with it, you know they had to throw this in the TRX.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll probably get a new truck next Winter/ Spring....I'll probably buy another Raptor with a V6....would love to have it with a "normal" V8 that gets 12/13 mpg but unlikely to be an option....

There's a good chance there will not be a new Raptor to be puchased Winter 2021 or Spring 2022.

As for the Ram interior, I think it could be a case where it seems better on paper, but little things throw it off. I was looking at a Rebel the same time I got my Raptor. Drove one then they other. The Rebel had the bigger screen and had more bells and whistles, yes, but the interior trim was a red color, that completely clashed with the red exterior paint. Perhaps not a big deal, but it threw me off. The back seat of the Rebel was smaller, and overall, the truck felt smaller, not as comfortable or laid out. It felt as though it had more thrown in, but felt lie less overall, of that makes sense. The TRX may be different, but the TRX is based on Rebel's interior. It's something you can't really get a feel for in pictures.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is “Launch Control” standard equipment in the TRX? LOL. Since all Hellcat variants probably come with it, you know they had to throw this in the TRX.

Yes I believe they do have that feature feel like I saw it on a review

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's definitely available and I do believe it's standard on the TRX. I can't say that it would come into play for me--I've had an M3 for years now with LC and I've never once used it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's definitely available and I do believe it's standard on the TRX. I can't say that it would come into play for me--I've had an M3 for years now with LC and I've never once used it.

I was leaning into asking, does launch control really have any true value for an off road truck? I’m saying no. For street fun and to impress your buddy’s? I would guess why.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was leaning into asking, does launch control really have any true value for an off road truck? I’m saying no. For street fun and to impress your buddy’s? I would guess why.

It's clearly aimed at the mall crawler crowd. That said, they seem to have put some thought into making it reasonable off road. It's not for me, but I can't get too critical.

D

Deleted member 17706

Hell, I don't think the Level 1 TRX even has a proximity key. That's more useful to me than the extra horsepower when the alternative truck weighs so much less and still has 450hp.

I want Ford to add the lock/unlock button to all four doors—it’s only on the front doors. My daily driver is a Chevrolet and it has that feature on the rear doors as well, I use it all the time. I never take the key out of my pocket.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I guess if wanted to go to the dirt drags it might be beneficial. I know one of the guys on the forum was doing this with his truck. Aside from that I don't know.

Although there are a handful of guys on the TRX forum talking about smaller tires, lighter wider wheels and using it as a drag truck SMH. I'm truly curious as to how well the AWD holds up a prepped surface with sticky tires.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live really close to TFL’s office and have seen them driving around town in the TRX. I don’t know if it’s just because I have a raptor but when I’ve seen the TRX drive by it isn’t over the top noticeable. It looks like a truck that has some nice upgrades on it. On the other hand I can spot a Raptor coming from a mile away. I emailed TFL and offered them my truck to compare to their stock raptor and TRX but haven’t heard anything. I’m at goosetuned stage 2. I think they’re in bed with 5 star so we’ll see.