2023 Raptor R Chimes no longer come from the speakers?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
First, I realize there are dozens of threads on door and backup chime issues and I have read and tried all of them, including Forscan.

My issue is that the door and parking sensor chimes have come from the dash sense day 1. I took it to my dealer that has always been reliable and even applied the APIM update to my 21 raptor and they cannot find a way to enable the chimes through the speakers.

They went as far as checking the other two 2 raptors on lot and said the chimes do not come through the speakers for those either.

Has Ford removed the speaker chime on the 2023s without telling us? Do they work on your 23MY?

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly same here. I thought it's due to low battery level as sometimes engine start takes two or three times to succeed. But now as you mentioned, it may be designed this way. The only downside for gauge speaker is you can't tell the obstacles direction by listening to the stero speakers.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The chime data is in the IPC (Instrument Cluster). If anything needs looked at or reset, I would start there.

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
The chime data is in the IPC (Instrument Cluster). If anything needs looked at or reset, I would start there.
They claim that they’ve had four different techs who look at the configurations, and cannot find anywhere that they can turn the speakers on. I’ve asked them to go ahead and attempt to update all the controllers.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The speaker sound isn't in the configurable part of the software. It’s part of the strategy file. Could very well be a bad battery too.

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
The speaker sound isn't in the configurable part of the software. It’s part of the strategy file. Could very well be a bad battery too.
The charge on the battery ranges between 12.0 and 14v based on the dash and on a voltage meter.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible firing up this SC V8 takes more charge than TT V6 so that even the fully charged battery will not meet the minimum voltage for chips to use stereo for chime? I can feel the initial exhaust sound is weaker and weaker if I fire up the engine several times in 10 minutes and not sure if this means ignition is draining better drastically.

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
Nothing official but I’ve come to the conclusion Ford intentionally removed it from the speakers.

My dealership spent a a full day running through the settings, applying updates, charging the battery, etc and even checked two other 23 raptors and said the functionality doesn’t exist. The Ford Twitter account took all my info to report my concern but ultimately referred me back to my dealer.

I also PM several members here that have confirmed all chimes are coming from the IPC in the dash only.

If anyone here has a MY23 built in November or later that has the chimes from the speakers please let me know.