2023 Raptor R Chimes no longer come from the speakers?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
Chatted with Ford performance this afternoon and they said they never heard about this and suggested me to complain to FMC by calling (800) 392-3673.
I did chat with the Ford twitter account and had them log it but was also told not to expect a response and work with my dealer.

I may call that number as well.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chime magically comes from stereo today. Maybe ford updates something secretly?

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really??? I hope they do. I noticed that none of the Rs at the raptor assault were coming from the speakers.
Ok mine switched back to old school chime on the next trip, but I’m sure stereo chime ever worked. I suspect it’s still related to either temperature or battery charge level.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
From WSM.....
The warning chimes all sound through the audio system except for the turn signal tick-tock chime which is sounded through the IPC . In the event of an audio system fault, the IPC sounds all chimes. The audio system has the ability to sound up to 2 chimes at a time while the IPC can only sound a single chime at a time.

This means there is either a fault in the audio system or I could see possibly low battery state of charge causing the concern. Your dealer needs to chase down any DTCs in the audio system, check battery state of charge and go from there.

-Joe

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
From WSM.....
The warning chimes all sound through the audio system except for the turn signal tick-tock chime which is sounded through the IPC . In the event of an audio system fault, the IPC sounds all chimes. The audio system has the ability to sound up to 2 chimes at a time while the IPC can only sound a single chime at a time.

This means there is either a fault in the audio system or I could see possibly low battery state of charge causing the concern. Your dealer needs to chase down any DTCs in the audio system, check battery state of charge and go from there.

-Joe
My dealer is usually pretty good with these types of issues and even spent a full day updating my MY21 APIM to get the CarPlay full screen. However they have not been able to figure this one out and said all other MY23 on their lot was the same, which I confirmed at the Raptor Assault a few weeks ago. I hope there is a simple fix for this but I haven’t been able to find it.

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
Ok so my chimes came through the speakers for the first time today since I picked it up in January!!! This is the most excited I’ve been over such a small thing in a long time.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My chimes in my 23 (non R) have never come from the speakers. I thought they changed them all to the IPC on gen 3

Now it’s gonna drive me nuts

OP
OP
bbarnesnc

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
The good news I know the truck has the hardware for it to work. The bad news it stopped working after one day. One thing I noticed was it worked after remote starting it and letting it run for at least 10 minutes. It makes me think it’s a voltage issue with the startup.

White fog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's voltage regulated on my '17. My **** pump takes a lot of juice. So if they're sitting outside for months waiting on engine swaps I'm sure it won't come from the speakers unless you take a long road trip or put a battery charger on it.