2022 Idle and Throttle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same whistling noise, sounds like its going up and down and when i bump the throttle as well.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m idling and I test it out sometimes it feels like something gets stuck and it idles a little more rough and I have to rev it to get it out of that funk then it’s back to normal

This has been discussed on the forum a number of times. It seems to apply to those who opted out of start/stop, it seems that the engine will bog itself down. Typically, this will occur around the same time you see the RPM drop into the 500s. I think thats too low for an idle and thats the shudder you're feeling.

I know the axle rust on the rear is surface and cosmetic and considered normal. but is this stuff on the frame rail concerning?
View attachment 409340

Its normal if you haven't protected your frame. We have krown here, which I find to be a load of oily dog shit. I went with applying MPHD to the entire frame myself about a month after getting the truck and made it through its first Pennsylvania winter without a single spec of orange.

Wash the frame, scrub those off, recover with rustoleum where its worn through, and either get Line-X applied by someone or MPHD if you'd like to do it yourself. There are a few other options other than MPHD as well. MPHD will need to be "touched up" each year, but I found for those touchups, you can just spray it into a container and apply it with a brush.

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed on the forum a number of times. It seems to apply to those who opted out of start/stop, it seems that the engine will bog itself down. Typically, this will occur around the same time you see the RPM drop into the 500s. I think thats too low for an idle and thats the shudder you're feeling.

Its normal if you haven't protected your frame. We have krown here, which I find to be a load of oily dog shit. I went with applying MPHD to the entire frame myself about a month after getting the truck and made it through its first Pennsylvania winter without a single spec of orange.

Wash the frame, scrub those off, recover with rustoleum where its worn through, and either get Line-X applied by someone or MPHD if you'd like to do it yourself. There are a few other options other than MPHD as well. MPHD will need to be "touched up" each year, but I found for those touchups, you can just spray it into a container and apply it with a brush.
I’m looking into costing. The idle thing doesn’t bother me. But the intermittent chirp and rattle does. I don’t understand what it is and now it’s not just on throttle. I can be coasting and does it.

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed on the gen 14 thread it’s squeaky arm. Said they got it greased and hood to go. Solves the chirping

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m idling and I test it out sometimes it feels like something gets stuck and it idles a little more rough and I have to rev it to get it out of that funk then it’s back to normal
It’s frustrating to have such a rough idle. I’ve noticed if you rev to 700rpm it smooths out.

Once someone cracks the 23, it would probably be worth getting it tuned even if it’s just to raise the idle RPM

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s frustrating to have such a rough idle. I’ve noticed if you rev to 700rpm it smooths out.

Once someone cracks the 23, it would probably be worth getting it tuned even if it’s just to raise the idle RPM
I’ve noticed 700 is the sweet spot too