2022 Idle and Throttle Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for experience on the 2 noises I’ve encountered. I’m 99% sure the first video is the transmission whine deemed “normal.”

But the 2nd one has this chirp/ whistle. It can be replicated letting it idle and hearing it every so often. Or if you tap the gas pedal, like smack it real quick (not hold down) it does it. Some times does it on de acceleration too. Kind of sounds similar to when you first open the door with your truck and the electronics turned on . That kind of whistle click issue. I’m the video it’s about 2 seconds in and hear it once

Attachments

• IMG_8805.mov
    5 MB
  • IMG_8806.mov
    14.4 MB

awd5906

Reaction score
The first video is definitely the transmission whine, and you’re right, it’s ‘normal’. My 2023 sounds exactly like that. Have about 2500 miles and the whine is part of the experience!

I have no idea about that second video with the chirp. I’ll park mine in the garage and give it a listen. I’ll tap the gas as well and let you know. By the way do you have the AC running? Do you have pro power? How about your mileage?

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first video is definitely the transmission whine, and you’re right, it’s ‘normal’. My 2023 sounds exactly like that. Have about 2500 miles and the whine is part of the experience!

I have no idea about that second video with the chirp. I’ll park mine in the garage and give it a listen. I’ll tap the gas as well and let you know. By the way do you have the AC running? Do you have pro power? How about your mileage?
480 miles. It’s a 2022 built in October delivered in December and used as dealer demo.

The sound close I can replicate the chirp is whatever that “priming” noise is whenever you leave your car a while and open the door. Kind of makes a rattling noise. Kinda sounds like that and it’s coming from same engine Bay Area

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First one is completely normal.

That second one is weird, and I've heard the same thing, but only once. It sounded to me like it was the shutters cycling up front.

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First one is completely normal.

That second one is weird, and I've heard the same thing, but only once. It sounded to me like it was the shutters cycling up front.
If I’m idling and I test it out sometimes it feels like something gets stuck and it idles a little more rough and I have to rev it to get it out of that funk then it’s back to normal

awd5906

Reaction score
480 miles. It’s a 2022 built in October delivered in December and used as dealer demo.

The sound close I can replicate the chirp is whatever that “priming” noise is whenever you leave your car a while and open the door. Kind of makes a rattling noise. Kinda sounds like that and it’s coming from same engine Bay Area
I tested mine out and I did not get any sort of chirp. What sort of octane fuel are you using? Maybe see if it goes away after the next fuel up? I’ve noticed the truck is very sensitive to fuel quality.

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested mine out and I did not get any sort of chirp. What sort of octane fuel are you using? Maybe see if it goes away after the next fuel up? I’ve noticed the truck is very sensitive to fuel quality.
I was going to try that. Honestly it’s on whatever the dealer put in last. I’m going to run 93 here in TX

OP
OP
I

impaul4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the axle rust on the rear is surface and cosmetic and considered normal. but is this stuff on the frame rail concerning?
IMG_8814.jpeg

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have it undercoated by Linex. I bought a 2019 with 28K miles two months ago.
There was a receipt in the glovebox from Linex for the bed liner and undercoating. I’m very impressed with the job they did. Going to have our new 2023 Raptor done, it’s Oxford White, I’m tired of looking at the white in the rear wheel wells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter