2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the same about MPG. I don't think (will defer to experts though) that the MPG wouldn't be impacted that much. What I've noticed is that it really depends on how much time you spend on the throttle. My first tank I got something like 11 MPG. Now that I've calmed down a bit I'm probably getting...12. I haven't calmed down much yet. ;) I think the real cost will be in the price of the 37 truck vs the 35. That said, it adds up. You have to run 91+ in these things and the senile Whiebama is going to MGEA (Make Gas Expensive Again).

I was hoping at least 15 mpg. UGH ;)

JDZ

Reaction score
Agree with others and do not like 2021 aesthetics...

Front end soft, generic looking, and not special ...

and has anyone commented on those XL large fender flare marker lights ?? Ugly distraction. :signs16:

Even interior looks generic and a bit metrosexual. :lewx4:

Blue interior on upgrade models?!?? :gasp::badidea:

Raptors should be TOXIC!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else agree with me? This was Ford's opportunity to make the V8 and fire back at the TRX. Now they are saying "2022 Raptor R with a V8", so what? The hype will be over in a year. Now was the time and Ford totally screwed it up big time. Will be keeping my Gen 2 which in my opinion looks better, maybe ever considering ordering a TRX.

I say leave it to Ram to beat their chest and yell loudly. FCA buyers like that stuff. Ford knows most Raptor buyers are looking for a better and more usable all around truck and they delivered. I like more power like most people, and I'm glad I tuned my Gen 2, but it's not a make or break thing that the "standard" Raptor has less power than the TRX. Most buyers won't care and they're going to release the Raptor R for those who do. Stellantis(FCA)'s image is all about power and one-upmanship. It seems Ford is after a more mature buyer. Nothing says it like the fact that they're not offering a bed-mounted tire rack because they realize people use the bed.

I'll be interested in the Raptor R, but not because of how it stacks against the TRX.

M3ichael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many interesting comments on this thread.

My .02
IMHO the Gen 3 truck is really amazing for the following reasons even with the V8 being pushed and confirmed to 2022.
37's on a factory truck!
Five-link suspension.
The upgraded interior looks amazing compared to the old one.
Reworked exhaust system.

Yes, lots of people are disappointed with the V8 not being revealed but honestly. But with a proven V6 hopefully, the new output will be close to 500hp.
One of the big downsides will be the new price tag of the V8 which might be possibly going to be 90k or more range.
Another downside is the MPG the TRX is getting. Not really excited to see what the Raptor R will have.

Once the dust settles much of the finer details of the new Gen 3 will prevail over just having a V8.

Going to be great to see a head-to-head race between a 2022 Raptor R and a 2021 Raptor.

Just remember the V8 was confirmed and that in itself is something to look forward to for those that want one. Sucks it's a year away but better than not having one at all.

Last edited:

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with others and do not like 2021 aesthetics...

Front end soft, generic looking, and not special ...

and has anyone commented on those XL large fender flare marker lights ?? Ugly distraction. :signs16:

Even interior looks generic and a bit metrosexual. :lewx4:

Blue interior on upgrade models?!?? :gasp::badidea:

Raptors should be TOXIC!
Sounds like you need to buy the TRX and do some drag racing.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping at least 15 mpg. UGH ;)

I've been getting about 17 combined since I calibrated the mileage. It's really optimistic from the factory, probably to make you feel good. But I just drive it the way I would any other truck, so YMMV with the weight of your foot.

bwdilli

Reaction score
Ford is just phoning it in. Not really seeing a reason to get rid of my Gen 2 and buy a Gen 3. Sadly, it's what I expected out of them.

dc1gator

Reaction score
As I see it, many of you guys want a damn drag machine. I soubt some of you ever go anywhere you even need 4X4. I see where some jack their Raptor up 4 or even 6". I suppose that is done so you can strut up and down the Boulevard in someplace like Myrtle Beach. So, you might as well sell your Raptor and run out and buy a prissy Dodge with all them horses. SMDH.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I see it, many of you guys want a damn drag machine. I soubt some of you ever go anywhere you even need 4X4. I see where some jack their Raptor up 4 or even 6". I suppose that is done so you can strut up and down the Boulevard in someplace like Myrtle Beach. So, you might as well sell your Raptor and run out and buy a prissy Dodge with all them horses. SMDH.

LOL What sets the Raptor apart is the suspension. They improved it. What's not to like?

Greg Gobin

Reaction score
I’m content with my 19 but will probably test drive a new one when they come out to see what the difference in suspension makes