2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys please start using this button.

View attachment 161206

Yes, but that solution only works for members, not all the folks visiting. I'm sure the forum owners don't want their forums overrun by trolling. As well, it can make threads hard to follow with so many posts missing. Banning members who are making the site unenjoyable for many users is a much better solution.

To be clear, having contrary opinion isn't the problem. Indeed, moderators are clearly ok with V6/V8 or TRX/Raptor talk, even when it goes overboard. The forums become unreadable and annoying when one posters tries to make that the subject of every thread.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong exactly, but the dealership isn't exactly a free open market. Yes, you have some options and competition, but you have a lot more options when buying gas for example, over buying a vehicle from one of the 3 Ford dealerships in a 50 mile radius. That is changing though, and dealerships are able to appeal to customers much further away...through internet advertising and such.

As well, it's not like Ford can't exert more control over their dealers. Markups can hurt the image of a dealership, but they also hurt Ford's reputation. Other manufacturers in retail due put restrictions on retailers, not allowing them to sell at higher or lower price than the manufacturer wants. No reason Ford cant' do something similar.
bingo. ford could simply cut a dealers allocations if they mark up the vehicles. ford was happy to hear auto reviewers tout about how the gt500 was an amazing car for the price but it was very difficult to get one for msrp.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am probably not in the majority here as I do not own a Raptor. I will be 50 years old this year and have been saving for this for 10 years. My dealer said I will get his first allocation. I am excited about the 2021. I am a current 2019 F150 Lariat (502a Crew 4x4, 2.7 EB). Coming from the 2.7, I could care less about an 8 cylinder. I think it looks and sounds bad ass.
Congrats! You're going to love it! I just did the same thing (48 years old) and have had a perma-grin ever since I took delivery. I wanted a Raptor when they were released but decided to wait until my 2008 Nissan finally died. I'd still be waiting but decided that it was time. I'm super happy for you, brother!

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys please start using this button.

View attachment 161206
Why though? I'm kind of a connoisseur of trolling and he's doing a decent job of it. I mean, why not just come back at him with:
"Yes, but you don't own a TRX. You're just mad because you drive a 2019 Poverty Waggon." etc.
Or just post pic related. It's a fun sport provided you don't take things personally.

VagRAM.jpeg

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Congrats! You're going to love it! I just did the same thing (48 years old) and have had a perma-grin ever since I took delivery. I wanted a Raptor when they were released but decided to wait until my 2008 Nissan finally died. I'd still be waiting but decided that it was time. I'm super happy for you, brother!

Thank you!!! I am super stoked. Although it will be my daily driver, will be looking for some trails around NW Indiana to play a little. I do live about 2 hrs from the Badlands in Attica, IN.

Now it is a waiting game. Wife gave approval, will hopefully be able to put about $60k down and finance the rest. Just do not know if I need the 37's. I plan on loaded it out, so a good guess based on a 2020 I built online I will be in the high $70k's to mid $80k's.

I am in a lease right now and ends in 11 months. I am hoping we can start ordering in May, and take delivery September'ish. Dealer said since I can not use my APLAN, he will outright buy my lease out since I will be paying MRSP (he did say he might be able to go a tad less but he will see).

Anyway thanks again!!!

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why though? I'm kind of a connoisseur of trolling and he's doing a decent job of it. I mean, why not just come back at him with:
"Yes, but you don't own a TRX. You're just mad because you drive a 2019 Poverty Waggon." etc.
Or just post pic related. It's a fun sport provided you don't take things personally.

View attachment 161211

Ok, if every one of his posts could be followed up with a Ram to ****** picture I'm in. :D

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!! I am super stoked. Although it will be my daily driver, will be looking for some trails around NW Indiana to play a little. I do live about 2 hrs from the Badlands in Attica, IN.

Now it is a waiting game. Wife gave approval, will hopefully be able to put about $60k down and finance the rest. Just do not know if I need the 37's. I plan on loaded it out, so a good guess based on a 2020 I built online I will be in the high $70k's to mid $80k's.

I am in a lease right now and ends in 11 months. I am hoping we can start ordering in May, and take delivery September'ish. Dealer said since I can not use my APLAN, he will outright buy my lease out since I will be paying MRSP (he did say he might be able to go a tad less but he will see).

Anyway thanks again!!!
That is awesome! Glad to see you're being smart and not financing the heck out of it. Too many people do that with luxury goods and end up spending so much more just for immediate satisfaction. As far as the 37's, I'll defer to the experts but if it's going to be more of a daily driver you're probably better served with the 35's. That said...I'd TOTALLY go with the 37" tires. :D I guess the real question is, will you be thinking "I wonder if I should have gone with the 37's" a few years down the road. I'll say this though, the 35's make for a pretty tall truck. Not sure how tall the wife is or how that factors in but it's something to consider.

Again, super happy for you!

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
That is awesome! Glad to see you're being smart and not financing the heck out of it. Too many people do that with luxury goods and end up spending so much more just for immediate satisfaction. As far as the 37's, I'll defer to the experts but if it's going to be more of a daily driver you're probably better served with the 35's. That said...I'd TOTALLY go with the 37" tires. :D I guess the real question is, will you be thinking "I wonder if I should have gone with the 37's" a few years down the road. I'll say this though, the 35's make for a pretty tall truck. Not sure how tall the wife is or how that factors in but it's something to consider.

Again, super happy for you!

Well I am conscious about MPG, I am assuming if I went with 35's it would save a tad on that. As far as regretting it, ya I can see that, however I was debating on getting the Tremor F150, which I could get APLAN, so I decided to go Raptor, I can always remember ya could have had 37's, but I also could have gone Tremor and really be sick to my stomach. ;)