2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06viper

Reaction score
Anybody else agree with me? This was Ford's opportunity to make the V8 and fire back at the TRX. Now they are saying "2022 Raptor R with a V8", so what? The hype will be over in a year. Now was the time and Ford totally screwed it up big time. Will be keeping my Gen 2 which in my opinion looks better, maybe ever considering ordering a TRX.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
The 2021 Raptor has a few interesting upgrades, but not offering a V8 was a huge fail by Ford. Right now Ram is sitting back and laughing after watching the "reveal" that Ford put out. I don't doubt that the 2021 Raptor will be a success, but at this point I don't see it being any bigger of a seller versus the 2020 model.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was ready to order/buy a new Raptor but have lost that luvin feeling for now. While I appreciate the new suspension, certainly the 37" tires, etc. I struggle with the front end. The areas outside the headlights is more straight up and down like the F250/350 and not organic like the G2 trucks. Not impressed with the new hood /scoop. Interior seems OK. Coupled with the fact that the non-R won't start to be available until the Fall? And for the R model, "2022?" at my age I struggle to not do something now in the hopes that it will change in a couple years.. I was all spooled up ready for a new truck to replace my '19, and just have a 'meh' feeling right now......... Perhaps that will change......

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks are subjective but to me the Gen2 looks a lot better than the Gen3. Opinions vary of course.

Unless Ford comes out with a V8 later I will hold onto my new 2020 Gen2. I bought it because of all the rumors of Ford dropping the Supercab even though it does have a V6. I don't want, don't need, nor will I ever buy a 4 door truck.

A friend of mine owns the local Dodge dealership and wanted me to buy a new TRX. I have a Challenger Hellcat Redeye that I love that I bought there but I told him unless they made one in an extended cab version I was not buying. Same with the Raptor. No 4 door truck for me.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I think it's fine. It takes time to do things right, plus I'm guessing the additional cost for a Raptor R is going to eliminate a lot of people. What is a TRX going for 100K well equipped?

They're following the product modeling of the GT350 AND GT350R. One will be somewhat hard to get. But the TOL will be next to impossible unless you're connected in some way with your dealer, media or you swallow that big fat ADM load down your sorry gullet :lol2:

Ram will sell so many TRX's between now and when the Raptor R is available. and when the Raptor R gets here, guaranteed Ram comes out with a Red Eye TRX likely before then. Ford's culture is somewhat Woke making an E mustang and all the Eco crap. Probably even pains them to make a Raptor at all.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed but they're doing what manufacturers do. First year people will buy because it's the new style. Second year add additional interest by introducing something new, like a V8. Third year they'll do updates again to try and keep interest, like an interior.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk