2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a tuned 18 running E20, if I remember correctly. And it was closer than any of their TRX drag races to date, but the TRX still beat it pretty handily. That really drove home to me how fast the TRX is.

What I thought was the more interesting part of that episode was that a supercharged Gen 1 lost to a bone stock Gen 2. I did not expect that.
The TRX is crazy fast. There is no replacement for displacement.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ran a goosetuned Gen 2 on 37s vs the stock TRX and yeah it lost by less than half a truck length. Pretty sure the Gen 2 was at the passenger front door.

And im with you, I just want to hear numbers too, if they say the Gen 3 has a 25hp bump that's not worth anyone's time. Im hoping they are in that 5 to 600 hp range with the 3.5. But who knows lol.
I bet they go to at least 550hp.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Gen 3. Cuz it makes my OG 2010 Gen 1 V8 powered look even better.

Seriously fugly front end. WTF?
No V8 (wow). Till next year? (miss)
Interior is just meh
Who cares about the 5 link
Looks like just another F150 with a few chintzy bolt ons

And a configurable exhaust? Buhahahaaa. On a truck. Great.

I got a configuration for you. It’s called a V8. Then you won’t need a configurable exhaust with pumped in sound.

Fords going backwards. Hard pass.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think where ford screwed up looks wise front bumper skid plate ,and fog lights area , gen 2 looks so much more aggressive imo, the gen 3 fronts looks like the ranger raptor

This I agree with. I like the Gen 3 looks and sure it’ll grow more on me, but to me when the Gen 2 was introduced back in January of 15 (along the Ford GT) it looked perfect.

28E41EC4-0BA7-4D2C-AB66-ABC55C859F67.jpeg

6A7F11DB-0D58-4AAD-BF4D-F3B84F825FAF.jpeg

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think where ford screwed up looks wise front bumper skid plate ,and fog lights area , gen 2 looks so much more aggressive imo, the gen 3 fronts looks like the ranger raptor
I like the nee Gen 3 look way better than my Gen 2. More modern. I am waiting for the Raptor R, as I will be buying that.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire point of the raptor is off-road dominance, where seeing as the gen 2 was neck and neck with the trx, this thing curb stomps the trx. You can be disappointed in the looks, but the rear end, 37’s, and some of the trail features are a pretty big deal. You want a v8 poser truck, dodge dealer is likely across the street.