2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a Gen 2, the Gen 3 hands down win.

Gen 2 Raptor 3.5 vs Gen 3 Raptor 3.5. Gen 3 wins everywhere. Interior, Exterior, Suspension, refined engine.

There will be more Gen 3-3.5L Raptors then Gen3-5.0L on the road that's for sure. Not everyone can afford the top the line Raptor R decked out with Recaros etc.

The End.
Lol it’s incremental at best.

Mike Barlow

Reaction score
For the stock truck performance, I'd argue it isn't a huge upgrade. Edit: Watching this video, I'd say it was even less than I expected. For aftermarket considerations, absolutely - that's something I wasn't thinking of, glad you pointed it out.

Going 37s on a 2010-2020 Raptor meant new fenders (or lots of trimming) and would result in premature failure of drivetrain components, no matter how well thought out it was carried out. It was significant enough of a barrier that many - myself included - won't do it. The factory offering a package will save the customer a lot of money and headache, and - like you said - make upgrading to even bigger tires possible.

One more edit: Stock Gen 2 going through the whoops for comparison

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I honestly love the look of my Gen 1 Scab. Been waiting for a bigger change and I think Gen 3 has done it well enough for me to finally want to buy again. I will be keeping my Gen 1 ( I love the smooth body of it and the V8 ) but will definitely be getting a Gen 3 Raptor R as soon as we find out we can order them.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the business case behind dropping the SCAB Model from the lineup but nevertheless I am disappointed. I planned on ordering a base model Gen 3 SCAB but I am now looking at other options. I simply don’t need the extra length or four full size doors of a SCREW. The SCAB model was the perfect size and more agile off-road.