2021 New Ford F150 Reveal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? Article says very explicitly that there will be a 2021 Raptor but details will be provided at a later date. The article says the source of the info is Ford's manager of truck communications. I figured like usual Ford would wait a year or two.

https://www.motor1.com/news/430960/2021-ford-f150-raptor-confirmed/

Very interesting....also their artist rendering actually looks good, which is not what I'd say about the other one that's been dominating the net where someone deepened the flares and couldn't quite get things aligned.

ford-raptor-renderings.jpg

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to MotorTrend the 2021 truck is 92% new. It sure doesn't look like it. Then again evolution is a better path that drastic revisions.

As usual, it depends. What do you call "new"?. The only true definition would be if there any change at all from the last truck in any aspect of any particular part, but that's still just a massive semantics game.

If you move a crossmember on the frame, is the whole frame "new"? Is the crossmember only "new"? What if they moved it back 2" and only the hole locations are actually "new"? Is the frame "all new" if 20% of the frame gets thicker metal or stronger metal?. Is it 20% new? How is the frame weighted as a "part" vs the other parts of the truck? If the caliper gets a phenolic piston in place of aluminum, does it have an "all new" braking system? It IS different, right? On and on. It's just a numbers game.

If you know how Ford has built their trucks for the last 20 years, all you gotta do is crawl under and look at the stuff that really matters to see what has changed.

How much is new is really meaningless. D

Last edited:

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
And btw...anyone else think the fold down shifter is the worst idea ever? WTF is the point of that thing? On the "premium" trucks, they should go to a simple electronic stalk on the right side of the wheel (up for reverse, down for drive, center for neutral and button for park) like the luxury car brands. Then add paddles on everything. Non-premium trucks can still get the old column.

As it currently sits, the premium trucks can't move with the desk down. Might be a "safety" feature but guessing that makes desk useless for a lot of folks.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am convinced 80 percent of this board is Raptorless, from trolls who post threads about what they should buy and never do to other posters who never post pics of their rides unless its one generic shot in front of some random house. They hurt this board cause all they do is bash other peoples choices and then act like they have all the answers. I get these trucks are awesome but I wonder if the porsche and ferrari forums are the same way?
heyy dont talk about @911 Crazy that way....hahahaha

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And btw...anyone else think the fold down shifter is the worst idea ever? WTF is the point of that thing? On the "premium" trucks, they should go to a simple electronic stalk on the right side of the wheel (up for reverse, down for drive, center for neutral and button for park) like the luxury car brands. Then add paddles on everything. Non-premium trucks can still get the old column.

As it currently sits, the premium trucks can't move with the desk down. Might be a "safety" feature but guessing that makes desk useless for a lot of folks.

It's nice to have a shifter to rest your hand on. Other than that- yeah, it's a total waste of space. They did their research though- the market clearly wanted a physical shifter, this solution was not the cheap way home but they went with it for a reason.

I'm down for push button PRNDL like the Lincolns have. Rotary shifters on the console seems the worst to me since they take up the same space as a shifter essentially but give you no place to rest your hand.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m 99% certain that whenever the Gen 3 Raptor comes out, the vast majority of the members on this forum will approve, and eventually get one.

I'll probably upgrade. Long about the third or fourth year of gen 3. I'm really glad I grabbed a 2020, 2025/6 will be about right for trading up. I refuse to pay MSRP, much less MSRP+10k. Screw them. I'll wait for prices to settle and bugs to get worked out.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's nice to have a shifter to rest your hand on...

Here's my idea. Lose the shifter and replace it with a gun safe. That should solve the marketing problems caused by insecure wannabees needing a ******* symbol to wrap their hands around. LOL

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just thought about something related to pictures of what we thought would be the 2021. No 5-link rear?