2021 New Ford F150 Reveal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Some cool features on the new one. Pumped to see and HEAR the new Raptor, whenever that may be

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
The new F150 looks interesting, but it doesn’t do much for me. To be fair, the current F150 doesn’t do anything for me either. For me in the current half ton lineup it’s Raptor or bust. I’m more interested in the Ram Rebel TRX at this point. The tech on the new F150 will be great I’m sure, but it won’t sway me away from my Raptor.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Supposedly TFLOffroad asked Ford execs about new Raptor, and they said "yes there will be one", but they don't know when:

Go to 1:20.

TFL is not my favorite source of data.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the hybrid version is mated to a CVT, because that would suck.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d love a hybrid raptor for a number of reasons. If they do that, the marketing would need to be different and a lot more QC would need to happen on the build. A 3.5 v6 TT hybrid would be the ****.

Reaction score
All I want to know is those if LED headlights will be standard on ALL the f150s XL upwards or only starting with XLT and if not what does it look like

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tech is nice, which makes a truck just that much useful. But those tail and headlights look horrendous. They basically took the shape
of the 09-14 F150 taillight and added BLIS to it. The Gen 2 tail and headlights look so much better.

Based on the new F150 body, I can’t imagine a Raptor would look much different than this:

View attachment 146451

Very glad I bought my 20 in March.

I kinda like that. The current Gen 2 headlights are too small and too angular/aggro and that style will not age well IMO, just like the stupid LED strips they put in the new stuff.

Although the new ones do kinda look like a 15 year old GM design of some sort as well. Some crappy looking GMC or Buick maybe, I forget which one...

New one cool shit:
Sleeper seat and fold down shifter. Power up tailgate to keep up in the tailgate wars. SYNC 4. Trailer hitch alarm/remote notification. Dual glove boxes.

Still crappy shit:
Still got the rectangular dash vents though- boo and hiss. Curse the interior designers to hell for that. Round vents are far superior in every way.

It's essentially still a '04 F150 with a slightly modified frame/suspension and the same '15+ aluminum cab.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Body looks 95% the same to me, some nice changes but the part that got my attention was 6 engine choices! I sure hope that equates to more than 1 choice for the Gen 3 Raptor!!

I'm guessing we will know for sure in about 18 months.