2021 New Ford F150 Reveal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the eco boost, 3.5 liter and I love the new design of the TFT screen instrument cluster. I do not like the 12 inch infotainment system. They should have made it longer and not wider. My Gen 2 Raptor reminds me of a mid size Nissan Frontier S/C I had once. I do not understand why Nissan killed that engine choice as it was very cool to listen to a small liter supercharger spool up and make power. Granted the Frontier is a small truck but I thought it was very cool.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Body looks 95% the same to me, some nice changes but the part that got my attention was 6 engine choices! I sure hope that equates to more than 1 choice for the Gen 3 Raptor!!

I'm guessing we will know for sure in about 18 months.

I agree... It will be nice when more details are available, about the options discussed as well as the Raptor. I liked the work station in the cab as well as the tailgate. I am very interested in the power options at the back of the bed. - Looks like 2 batteries might be in order here..
I love to travel in my truck and plan to drive up to Alaska for a summer once we are on the other side of this COVID BS. The fully reclining seats would make it convenient for some shut eye when you are in the middle of no where..

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love a hybrid raptor for a number of reasons. If they do that, the marketing would need to be different and a lot more QC would need to happen on the build. A 3.5 v6 TT hybrid would be the ****.

I’m assuming hybrid not V8 after seeing the Aviator approach. Big numbers due to an electric assist, just like Ram did with the 5.7.

Maybe a 5.2 blown to compete with the TRX but that won’t be the base engine

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Body looks 95% the same to me, some nice changes but the part that got my attention was 6 engine choices! I sure hope that equates to more than 1 choice for the Gen 3 Raptor!!

I'm guessing we will know for sure in about 18 months.

It looks the same because it's really a mid cycle refresh, not a redesign. But Ford really went all out on the refresh IMO. The interior is excellent. There are a lot of new innovations in there. The Hybrid is genuinely desirable. Especially so with those power options in the bed. I even love the fully reclining seats. I've taken more than a few naps in my Raptor, I would love to have these seats.

The only real question now is when will we get a Raptor. TFLtruck asked a Ford rep how told them a new Raptor is coming but they don't know when.

I'm just speculating here, but it may be a while. Ford is trying to launch some major product lines over the next couple years and they are still strapped for cash. I suspect they may not be willing to spend the development dollars yet. We may get a Raptor Bronco before the next F150 Raptor is released.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys foresee the gen3 being marked up at release given the state of the economy ?

I remember seeing the gen2s being advertised crazy prices over msrp when they came out. I actually thought I’d never own one due to that. Had to pull the trigger when the Covid deals popped up