2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a dealer today who seems to be in the know, and he suggests that the Raptor will be launched as a 2022 model with the HO ecoboost V6, but the supercharged V8 should be announced in 2022 as a 2023 model.
I spoke to my SVT Raptor dealer where I bought mine, and he said the same thing. There will be 2 Engine options, one being a big forced induction V8.

Until there is an official release from Ford, all of this stuff is just opinions and wishful thinking. In all fairness, no one knows what the new raptor will have as far as engine goes. We will all have to wait and see.

Last edited:

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As cool as a 700HP V8 would be, I’m going to stick with the ecoboost. It has more power than you could want and I get 17MPG, which is important to me. For a daily driver at least the ecoboost is the best choice.

—john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As cool as a 700HP V8 would be, I’m going to stick with the ecoboost. It has more power than you could want and I get 17MPG, which is important to me. For a daily driver at least the ecoboost is the best choice.

—john

Powerboost would be even better

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

—john

Exactly. Daily driving a truck that will get single-digit gas mileage will get old really fast. And if history repeats itself I’m guessing Ford is going to do what they did with the GT350R and the GT500 carbon fiber track pack where dealers will have to sell so many of the base level trucks to get a V-8 one which means astronomical dealer mark ups.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On top of that I know for most of us we use our Raptors. Towing, runs to Home Depot, taking the kids to the mall, etc. unless it’s just a toy 700HP wouldn’t work well for most of us.

For me, when I want to run the desert fast, I go out in my trophylite (trophy truck). Once you drive a truck like this, you will realize suspension is much more valuable that HP.

—john

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the 5.2 MPGs out of the GT500, I'd expect it will be as good or better than Gen1 MPGs.

Maybe not...but I haven't care about MPG in a long time.

Screenshot_2021-01-25 Gas Mileage of 2020 Ford Mustang.png

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not if you keep your foot into it. There’s no magic, it takes air and fuel to make that HP. Baby it and you may do half way decent. Even a slightly detuned Predator truck will drink way way more than a ‘Stang.