2020 Suspension issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In for this as well as my ride quality isn't the best though I wouldn't call it "locked up" on the truck.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, started monitoring my issues with a live readout in ForScan.

In 'Normal Mode' the truck supplies 1.58a to the live valve system, and lowering the amperage stiffens the shocks. In Sport Mode for example, the base dampening is set to around 1.26a if I recall.

In my case, I noticed a malfunctioning and incorrectly calibrated Left Front ride height sensor. When I get out of the truck, the reading is even further out of whack on the left front sensor. To calibrate the system, you need to do it while exited the vehicle, and the system takes into consideration the current fuel level as well. Once calibration is complete, the truck should be sitting still on level ground and both the left and right sensors should be equal or extremely close within 1mm. In one of the videos, you can see when the right shock compresses, the amperage sent to it lowers briefly to 1.56A. The left is erratic, and never adjusts and I'm sure you'd see more fluctuation if both ride height sensors were calibrated together and working correctly.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne any ideas on why unplugging and replugging these connectors with the car on and in park would fix the shocks from stiff to correct?

wondering if anyone can post the ForScan screenshot of there raptor that does not have suspension issues.

Strange. They only thing that makes sense would be a pin fitment issue in one of the module connectors or a faulty VDM.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
A few months ago I took a 600 mile trip. The pavement close to home was terrible and the ride so rough I considered pulling into a home improvement store to throw a couple bags of sand in the bed. I hit a rest stop after 100 miles for a bathroom break. Accelerating onto the entrance ramp, it seemed like a different truck. I thought maybe I was less sensitive with an empty bladder.

The truck had a replacement rear shock 1 month into ownership due to a reservoir leak.

I’m an HVAC tech and have had customers drive themselves crazy trying to figure out operational patterns on newer systems that use recent run times to adjust the next cycle utilizing algorithms that are constantly adjusting variables. I tell them it’s a lost cause and to set it at a temperature and humidity target they are comfortable with and adjust accordingly.

I’ll probably take the same approach and try an on/off rest cycle if it’s noticed again.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LeadFootLarry not that I can see no. That would be great though ... also would be great to be able to adjust the default shock stiffness through ForScan like adjusting the damper rate in Normal vs. Sport mode etc.

After I have the ride height sensor replaced, and properly calibrated if that doesn't fix anything then I'm close to buying icon leaf springs, and a new set of the FOX Factory 3.0 shocks with the additional firmness adjustment available on the shocks themselves. I really doubt I'm the first to complain about this, and there's more and more reports the further I dig of the ride quality being borderline barf inducing.

Not cool at all for the price of the truck. I want to like this thing, and it's so close to being awesome ... just not so much. I far prefer the handling of the RAM trucks and so much more comfortable and smooth driving.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
@LeadFootLarry not that I can see no. That would be great though ... also would be great to be able to adjust the default shock stiffness through ForScan like adjusting the damper rate in Normal vs. Sport mode etc.

After I have the ride height sensor replaced, and properly calibrated if that doesn't fix anything then I'm close to buying icon leaf springs, and a new set of the FOX Factory 3.0 shocks with the additional firmness adjustment available on the shocks themselves. I really doubt I'm the first to complain about this, and there's more and more reports the further I dig of the ride quality being borderline barf inducing.

Not cool at all for the price of the truck. I want to like this thing, and it's so close to being awesome ... just not so much. I far prefer the handling of the RAM trucks and so much more comfortable and smooth driving.

You definitely have an issue as I have a 2019 and the suspension just floats on the street and highway with the proper air pressure.

I run 40/36, some run different.