2020 Raptor stolen in Montreal this past weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Did you hear from your insurance company yet?

I think you're right with the fob frequency. I recently picked up a Faraday bag. It's a PITA, but gives me a *little* bit more peace of mind.
I am working with them now... have to wait 14 days from when it was reported stolen to be considered a total loss. What sucks is I bought the truck in Oct '22, financed about 60% of it right before interest rates shot up. So i'll be getting screwed there, not to mention the depreciation that has happened over that time period.
It’s sofa king embarrassing how the organized crime and sh!tbags get away with this stuff. Canadian justice system is catch and release. Such a joke.

Sorry to hear about your crappy experience in la belle provence but I’m not surprised either. They tried to take my truck but we’re not successful.

Nothing is foolproof but I got a Ravelco kill switch and an air tag. They can still flatbed it away if they want it bad.

Most of these cars are in a container and off to Nigeria.
I'm gonna look into this with my next truck. Killswitch is the way to go. Like you said nothing is foolproof but if you can delay them enough they will likely avoid taking it.

Yeah its likely off to West Africa. The dumba**es never removed it from my ford pass so I can't wait for them to re-hook up the dash/GPS and I get a location update from Ford.

Reaction score
Put your vin on here. Google will index the text and if the person that buys ends up searching the vin before buying from said shady sellers, you may get a hit. Long shot but if the truck is already MIA, it can't hurt.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Put your vin on here. Google will index the text and if the person that buys ends up searching the vin before buying from said shady sellers, you may get a hit. Long shot but if the truck is already MIA, it can't hurt.
Good call.... updated my post

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the theft. Good thing no one was hurt. I just went through the same heartache, but they were able to catch the thieves ~5hrs after they did the master reset. Got extremely lucky. As an FYI, in addition to using the COBB anti-theft flash, I put this in the replacement Raptor....... https://www.lonestartracking.com/tr...attery-powered-gps-tracking-device-5g-cat-m1/ It's only activated when the truck moves (or once a day when stationary), so I don't think someone would be able to find the signal while the truck is at rest? Regardless, someone will have to try REALLY hard to find it, and even harder to remove it. That said, the cobb anti theft tune is also a handy tool when i park at the airport or anywhere my "Spidey Senses" are activated; the flash & re-flash doesn't take that long. Gotta walk away with the Accessport in your pocket or backpack, though.

I hope that you get the best outcome with insurance. Good luck!