Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 2020 Raptor Rear View Cam

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by bviperd, Mar 6, 2020.

1. KZRaptor

KZRaptor Member

Dealer finally got cameras in stock and replaced them, as well as electronic board. I don’t believe they touched any of the harnesses. They said a ton of 2020 Fords had camera issues (not just Raptors), and that it is a common and recognized issue. No issues so far - first time since I bought the new raptor that 3 days in a row both cameras work. Will report back if the issue resurfaces, but I am cautiously optimistic that it is fixed.

2. billiards101

billiards101 Member

2020 picked up in December, back camera started intermittently acting up 2 months ago, yesterday first time with squiggly lines across the whole screen. My cameras have never had a good clear image, always more grainy than my past vehicles.
    Calling dealer today...

3. Raptor28

Raptor28 Member

Bought my 2020 raptor in March and a week into it the front camera stopped working. It’s in the shop now getting it replaced. Hopefully it’ll work.

4. BC119

BC119 Full Access Member

Is there a TSB out yet for this issue? I am one of the unlucky ones with a whistling transmission in my '20, and my service department works well when you give them a TSB to look into and then you can show them that issue on the truck.

It would make it easy for both of us if I can get them a TSB, then show them the video on my phone I took of the backup camera going in and out.

5. KZRaptor

KZRaptor Member

It’s been a couple of weeks now since the dealership replaced the cameras and the pcm, $0 cost under warranty, on my 2020. No issues, both cameras have been flawless.

FordTechOne likes this.
  6. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

An SSM was released recently:

SSM 49033 - 2020 F-150/Nautilus/Expedition/Transit/Edge/Escape/Mustang – Front And/Or Rear Parking Aid Camera

Some 2020 F-150/Nautilus/Expedition/Transit/Edge/Escape/Mustang vehicles built on or before 21-Jun-2020 may exhibit various front and/or rear parking aid camera concerns such as poor image quality, flickering and/or completely inoperative. If a vehicle exhibits this condition, replace the affected camera(s). Refer to W orkshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-13. For claiming, use causal part 19G490 and a ny applicable labor operations in Section 11 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

BC119 and KZRaptor like this.
  7. BC119

BC119 Full Access Member

You're the man! Thank you.

FordTechOne likes this.