Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 2020 Raptor Rear View Cam

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by bviperd, Mar 6, 2020.

1. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

Well, my front camera has been working great since Ford recalibrated it after replacing the original unit. However, my backup camera has started going out over the past two days. In short, it is intermittently working: sometimes working and sometimes not.

I don’t know what to think about this.

2. Robert Mahoney

Robert Mahoney Member

I have been in the camera issue club for a couple months now too. Mine started with some other SYNC related issues with carplay. They originally reprogrammed the SYNC system and the camera was good for a couple weeks. I'm also going back to get the camera replaced. Built Ford Tough!

[​IMG]

3. Rnr

Rnr Member

Same thing started on my 20 front cam yesterday...two weeks old. Checked if the cam was loose by pushing on it...it worked fine for a day. Then same issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

Just an update, I brought my vehicle into Ford on Wednesday to get the problem diagnosed and get the rear camera ordered. The rear camera is on back order.

This is my third time going to the dealership about camera issues in my first 6 weeks of ownership. My service advisor said he has multiple other vehicles in right now that are having the same issues (cars, suvs, and other F-series trucks). So the problem isn’t Raptor exclusive. There is a quality issue with the manufacturer of the cameras/harnesses.

KZRaptor likes this.
  5. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

The dealer is correct. The issue is being caused by the camera due to a supplier quality issue. The part is on backorder because they’re waiting for the updated part to be produced and released.

6. KZRaptor

KZRaptor Member

I was told by my dealer that the camera parts will be ready to ship June 15th. If anyone else heard different, please share.

FordTechOne likes this.
  7. Rnr

Rnr Member

Is there a way to get to the front camera plug without taking the grill off and apart?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

I had just read this thread and went out and backed my truck out of the garage. The screen looked like somebody shot a load across the top half. I immediately thought, "Damn it, mine just went!!" I went back to look at it and it had a bunch of pollen on it & had gotten hit with a tiny bit of rain the day before. :facepalm: At least it was an easy fix!

smurfslayer likes this.
  9. mkarlin27

mkarlin27 Full Access Member

Bought mine in Jan 2020. Has had intermittent issues for the last 1-2 months Gradually getting worse. Took to the dealership today and they "could not get it to happen" until they were backing it into the spot for me to take it home. Despite showing them the images they need my truck next Tuesday for the whole day. My front and rear camera are both intermittently affected. Could be the multicolor lines one time, then black, then green, and sometimes blue.

Weird

10. hdinmotion

hdinmotion Member

I have the same problem with my 2020. Haven’t taken it to the dealer yet.