2020 4runner, buyers remorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Just sold the 4runner and getting my raptor in march. Both are great vehicles but definitely different beast. I say go for it! 262b46aa1cca127c7832a277f7c5fb66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
4Runners hold their value shockingly well. That's the upside to his conundrum. I'm currently planning on replacing our FJ Cruiser with a 4 Runner and Off-Road or Trail versions with < 50K miles are barely 5K less than new ones.

The Toyota cult is strong
I have both a 07 FJ and a 17 TRD pro. They are almost the exact thing. The FJ holds more cargo but the 4Runner holds people better. Same Trans and motor. The 4Runner feels SO slow like the brake is stuck lol. Can barely drive it after the raptor. They need at least another 100hp but my wife won’t let me supercharged it.

OP
OP
DropTheMike

DropTheMike

Reaction score
I have both a 07 FJ and a 17 TRD pro. They are almost the exact thing. The FJ holds more cargo but the 4Runner holds people better. Same Trans and motor. The 4Runner feels SO slow like the brake is stuck lol. Can barely drive it after the raptor. They need at least another 100hp but my wife won’t let me supercharged it.

I hear ya, no doubt the 4runner is underpowered. Main reason I am considering switching. A V8 in the 4runner (even the 5.7 offered in the tundra) would have gone a long long way and I bet many consumers would go for it. In addition, If the 4runner would have an option for a performance engine, it would have been amazing.

OP
OP
DropTheMike

DropTheMike

Reaction score
I think ultimately my problem is what I want doesn't exist. I want a rugged SUV with a super powerful engine. I'm gonna keep my eye on the bronco as stated earlier, or maybe even take a look at the Land Rover Defender. ( I know I'm gonna take some heat for that last comment) :)

OP
OP
DropTheMike

DropTheMike

Reaction score
That exists right but in an on road SRT Durango lol

Yup, I considered that, or the Jeep trackhawk, but ultimately, I have a bias against Chrysler products, and don't think I can trust them. Everyone I talk to who have had one regrets the purchase, and most people tell me about catostrophic transmission failures early on. Only exception is wrangler owners. People love those things no matter what. I test drove one, and I was amazed at how bad the on road manners are. I can't believe so many people daily drive them and have them as mall crawlers.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough crowd here, buckle up. This thread is all kinds of crazy. It's like going to a Porsche forum and posting you regret buying a Camry with the sport package and should have gone for the GT3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't trying to beat you up, just trying to point out that the 2 vehicles are very different. One looks kinda jazzy and seems relatively sensible. The other looks badass and turned out to be the king dingaling of trucks. Just take your medicine and go get a raptor. Your not gonna be happy until you do. After a few months you will have forgotten about the $$.

On the car washing, I average washing mine about every 2 months, my wife however, washes her escalade every week, invariably a day before it rains.

Anyway, get what you want, nobody here is gonna talk you out of it.

Are we married to the same gal? LOLIMG_5610.JPG