2020 4runner, buyers remorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a tough one! The problem with the Toyota for me is always the tech. Even in the Tacoma and the 4Runner fully loaded the tech is just meh. The vehicles are fantastic, last forever, and capable off road, but I just know I’d get bored of the basic interior after awhile.

Have you been inside a gen 2 screw? The space is noticeably roomier than other trucks, pry because raps are wider than average pickups even if it’s only centimeters etc.

Buy a raptor, invest in a quality tonneau cover for all your gear and you’ll come back with a huge grin on your face as you blow past 30 year old men in their 8 inch lifted 2010 Silverados with 35x22-44 wheel setup, windows rolled down listening to Kenny Chesney thinking they are BJ Baldwin. It’s a good time.

Can testify this is true.

The wife frequently comments: what are they looking at? It’s you of course. Definitely not the Raptor. ;)

EddieVRaptor

Reaction score
I have a 16 4Runner that’s got quite a few mods and have been more than happy with it. With the seats down you can fit all kinds of crap in the back. I was on my was to work and saw Velocity Blue Raptor being unloaded at my local Ford dealer. Fell in love with the color and I think I’m gonna buy it. As some of you have said “Tomorrow is promised to no man.”

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 16 4Runner that’s got quite a few mods and have been more than happy with it. With the seats down you can fit all kinds of crap in the back. I was on my was to work and saw Velocity Blue Raptor being unloaded at my local Ford dealer. Fell in love with the color and I think I’m gonna buy it. As some of you have said “Tomorrow is promised to no man.”

If you feel you want it, can make it happen and the time is right! Then make it happen and enjoy the truck.

Keep us posted and good luck.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
I have a 2017 TRD PRO and I enjoy driving it around town but highway is where the lack of power is really felt. I still enjoy it and drive it a couple of times per week. 15 yo daughter will take it over in 6 mos so staying in the family and as far as reliability trust it 100%.
5711bde11ecf3afae319e2d4c0b7aa8c.jpg

I have wanted a raptor for a while and looked at them seriously at the car shows the last few years and finally pulled the trigger. Great city and highway performance and the tech and ride quality definitely exceed the 4R but not too sure about build quality and reliability with so many issues reported here.

597530acd0ac521a7038dcc705d4743b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to remember that the majority of people with problems come to forums to find solutions etc; this goes for any vehicle out there. There are SO MANY owners that don’t come to forums that don’t have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True! These forums represent a fraction of the people who own the vehicles. Most couldn’t care to shoot the sh__t online about the vehicle. So people with problems and those who are enthusiasts or more likely to show up in forums.