2019 Raptor oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
open word-pad and paste it there 1st and then copy it again and paste in your post. What's happening is that when you are copying text, you are also copying the formatting of that text. Word pad essentially is a simple rich text editor that will ignore any formatting. I hope this makes sense.

I am using this and purchased it at Costco for about 30 bucks for 6 quarts. Also. I apologize for how the font size changes every time I copy and paste something. I am a computer idiot and don't know how to change it or put in links etc...:
Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok guys and gals- I’m coming up on my 4000 miles and oil change is around the corner...what’s the opinion on converting to mobile1 synthetic or staying the stock ford oil blend? What have you done for yours?

Ford semi synthetic has been treating me well.

ProjectFarm just finished his oil tournament on YouTube. Mobil1 didn't do so great, comparatively, especially considering cost.

FB_IMG_1558290716498.jpg

Jako Manning

Reaction score
Just spent $102 for my second mobil1 oil change. Pretty sure I overpaid since it was a Goodyear tire shop.

AllVenom

Reaction score
I let the dealer do the first oil change on my 2018 at 7500 miles. I'm not going to try out think Ford engineers, besides, if the dealership screws up the oil change, it's on them. I don't get attached to cars/trucks, so if it fails, moving on to the next. There has been so much debate about changing oil in these forums, it's enough to make your head spin. Everyone thinks they have the magic bullet. My favorite is to read, "been driving for a 1000 miles, no issues here". Yeah, are you trying to get to the failure point? I say, do what makes you feel happy and use common sense (which means, listen to people that know what the f*ck they are talking about).

Just because they are a Ford shop, doesn't mean the mechanics don't know what they are doing. You get what you pay for.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I let the dealer do the first oil change on my 2018 at 7500 miles. I'm not going to try out think Ford engineers, besides, if the dealership screws up the oil change, it's on them. I don't get attached to cars/trucks, so if it fails, moving on to the next. There has been so much debate about changing oil in these forums, it's enough to make your head spin. Everyone thinks they have the magic bullet. My favorite is to read, "been driving for a 1000 miles, no issues here". Yeah, are you trying to get to the failure point? I say, do what makes you feel happy and use common sense (which means, listen to people that know what the f*ck they are talking about).

My first oil change was at the dealer. Given that it was free, why not? When I got my truck back, they told me they put in Synthetic Blend because “that’s what the factory put in.” I made them re-do the oil change with full synthetic.

Ed Maynard

Reaction score
This is great information for when I do my first oil change. Only have 1,000 miles on my 2019 but I use full synthetic in all my vehicles just because. Gotta check out this Futomo Valve. Thanks.

Kalex

Reaction score
open word-pad on paste it there 1st and then copy it again and paste in your post. What's happening is that when you are copying text you are also copying the formatting of that text. Word pad essentially is simple rich text editor that will ignore any formatting. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you...