2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
But that's the thing, these claims you're making aren't accurate. Here, how about we clarify a few things:

1) You submitted your order on November 27th, with a promise of 8-10 weeks. Assuming your order was picked up the next week (this is unlikely), you're looking at early to mid February for delivery.

2) The 8-10 week estimate is for a normal build. If I were to order an XLT F150, the estimate would be 8-10 weeks. This doesn't hold true for Raptors because.....

3) Raptors are allocated vehicles. Your dealer will only get so many builds per month/year. So unless there was no one in line in front of you (also unlikely), your build is not going to be delivered in 8-10 weeks. XLT, sure. Raptor, no. Your dealership was either mistaken or just flat out lied to you.

4) So because your Raptor build was subject to allocation restrictions AND the '19s had a flood of orders due to the delayed model year start, the March delivery sounds about right.

5) Your delivery was delayed by 13 days. Thirteen Days. Of everything above that is normal and just how the process works, this is the only item you can really be upset with Ford over. But you don't even know why it was delayed, you're just reacting without the necessary information to form a structured opinion.

So, because your truck was delayed 13 days you cancelled your order. And like I've said before, I think Ford has a lot of room for improvement on the customer service side. But regarding the logistics of building and shipping, I completely get it and can't fault Ford much on such a massive operation. However, better (much better) communication on the process would go a long way in helping to alleviate customer dissatisfaction.

But looking at the items above, your complaints should be largely directed at the dealership for providing inaccurate estimates. My own delays were due to the dealer ******** up my order submission -- The only thing I blame Ford for is doing a poor job of communicating. But once the plant received my order, the truck was built and shipped with only a few days delay.

And I get we're just going to disagree on this, you're going to blame Ford and I'm going to try to point out where the blame really lies. But after all of it, the only constant that remains is that you wanted a Raptor that you're not going to get because of an emotional response.

They actually are accurate:

1) I submitted my order on Nov 27 and it was in the system the next day after I called Ford Performance. The dealer assured me it would be 8 weeks but maybe a maximum of 10 weeks. They definitely had allocations being that they are a 26 dealer group.

2) There was no one in front of me according to them and they're built on the same line as regular orders

3) Like I said, They didn't lie because it was immediately in the system as ordered

4) Well, the dealer had the allocation.

5) My delivery was not delayed by 13 days. Ordered Nov.17...8 weeks would have been Jan 22....10 weeks would have been Feb 5. Est delivery was March 3 which was almost 14 weeks. Then pushed to March 25. How is March 25th 13 days from Feb 5th being the 10th week?!?!?! Thats 48 days after the 10 weeks promised. 17 weeks!!! It'd be nice if you could add

So to reiterate, no car company in the world should take almost 5 months to deliver a car to anyone in the world. That's even assuming it arrives on March 25th. Who knows considering Fords ordering reputation.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They actually are accurate:

1) I submitted my order on Nov 27 and it was in the system the next day after I called Ford Performance. The dealer assured me it would be 8 weeks but maybe a maximum of 10 weeks. They definitely had allocations being that they are a 26 dealer group.

2) There was no one in front of me according to them and they're built on the same line as regular orders

3) Like I said, They didn't lie because it was immediately in the system as ordered

4) Well, the dealer had the allocation.

5) My delivery was not delayed by 13 days. Ordered Nov.17...8 weeks would have been Jan 22....10 weeks would have been Feb 5. Est delivery was March 3 which was almost 14 weeks. Then pushed to March 25. How is March 25th 13 days from Feb 5th being the 10th week?!?!?! Thats 48 days after the 10 weeks promised. 17 weeks!!! It'd be nice if you could add

So to reiterate, no car company in the world should take almost 5 months to deliver a car to anyone in the world. That's even assuming it arrives on March 25th. Who knows considering Fords ordering reputation.

So it's pretty clear you're just going to ignore reason. Everything (and I mean everything) you posted above is on the DEALER.

You understand that Dealer != Ford, right? The DEALER promised your date, not Ford. The DEALER claims to have had allocations, not Ford. Oh, and did you get the line that they're the largest dealership in the state? If you fall for those dealer cliches and believe what a car salesman tells you, that's your fault.

Oh, and I can add. Per your original post (Here's a link: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1336895/), delayed from March 3rd to March 16th. 3 + 13 = 16. Ta-da! Perhaps you should keep your numbers straight, since this is the first time you've mentioned March 25th. But something tells me you're not the type that will let facts get in the way of forming a self-serving opinion.

You want to blame the dealer? Cool, you should. But quit blaming your own ignorance and gullibility on Ford. Oh, and please get off this forum, since you don't own a Raptor and (per your own admission) have no intent to.

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
After all the headaches and back and forth my dealer just called me to let me know the truck arrived today. Crazy!!! Ford tracker still says est delivery 3/25. Some system they have there.

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So it's pretty clear you're just going to ignore reason. Everything (and I mean everything) you posted above is on the DEALER.

You understand that Dealer != Ford, right? The DEALER promised your date, not Ford. The DEALER claims to have had allocations, not Ford. Oh, and did you get the line that they're the largest dealership in the state? If you fall for those dealer cliches and believe what a car salesman tells you, that's your fault.

Oh, and I can add. Per your original post (Here's a link: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1336895/), delayed from March 3rd to March 16th. 3 + 13 = 16. Ta-da! Perhaps you should keep your numbers straight, since this is the first time you've mentioned March 25th. But something tells me you're not the type that will let facts get in the way of forming a self-serving opinion.

You want to blame the dealer? Cool, you should. But quit blaming your own ignorance and gullibility on Ford. Oh, and please get off this forum, since you don't own a Raptor and (per your own admission) have no intent to.

OMG!!! March 3rd was what Ford tracker estimated. that wasn't what was promised. Add how many weeks from Nov 27th to march 3rd is?!?!?! Then add the days from March 3rd to march 25th. LOL

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
****** systems goes both ways. Go get your truck and enjoy!

After all the headaches and back and forth my dealer just called me to let me know the truck arrived today. Crazy!!! Ford tracker still says est delivery 3/25. Some system they have there.

Candyman

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score

And BTW, once dealer places order its all up to Ford at that point. Like I've said 100x, My truck was on a convoy trailer awaiting shipment for 1 week before est delivery of March 3rd. Why would they then add 3 weeks to that?!!? WTF!! You act like Ive never bought a car before. Ive personally owned over 40 cars and 10 motorcycles in my life. I get how it all works.