GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is another one on a cold start, with the rpm a bit higher so you can hear it better.

Yeah that is very noticeably quieter than mine on cold start. 100% you got the Limited muffler. Man, if I could get one for free from the dealer, I’d do it too. To buy it appears to be right around $800-900. I’ll pass for that much but you got an awesome deal getting a quieter Limited muffler under warranty IMHO.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YA BUT, the Limited muffler is designed for the non-HO 3.5 motor. Don't you think that this muffler will allow less flow than the Raptor muffler, thus limiting power ?

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YA BUT, the Limited muffler is designed for the non-HO 3.5 motor. Don't you think that this muffler will allow less flow than the Raptor muffler, thus limiting power ?

Not true, the new Limited has the same HO 3.5 engine as the Raptor and it’s rated at the same 450hp. So, the muffler flows the same apparently, it’s just a lot quieter.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, the new Limited has the same HO 3.5 engine as the Raptor and it’s rated at the same 450hp. So, the muffler flows the same apparently, it’s just a lot quieter.
Seriously ? The LIMITED has the same HO motor as the Raptor ? I did not know that. That surprises me, actually.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went over to my neighbor who has a 2018, and had him start his engine, and it’s definitely way louder than mine.

no issues at all with power or acceleration.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yep, just went online and confirmed the part number ending in A is for the limited and B is for the raptor. Both have the same exact engine. Apparently the loud exhaust is part of the raptor selling points.

Last edited:

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, just went online and confirmed the part number is ending in A is for the limited and B is for the raptor. Both have the same exact engine. Apparently the loud exhaust is part of the raptor selling points.

It’s a bit of a disadvantage to me since I don’t love the V6 sound. That said, I still love my Raptor, but I’d like to get into the throttle more around town without it sounding like a cow is dying.