GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took my 2019 with 6k miles to the dealer because of minor loss of power and rough idle, which I was certain was related to the oil consumption issue. Its been using up in excess of 1 quart per 1000 miles. Anyway, dealer says they checked and oil was definitely low, and recommended an oil consumption test, but said that wasnt the reason for the rough idle or power issues. They said they found and issue with the muffler, and that there is a TSB on it. They replaced the part.

here is the issue. My truck had a growl, like all raptors, not a v8 growl, but still, a perfomance engine sound. After the replacement, it literally sounds no different than a toyota camry. Completely quiet on idle and barely anything inside the cabin when I floor it.

I dont mind it really, engine is performing well, but is that normal? What does your truck sound like?

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what did they actually replace? I'm not familiar with an exhaust related SB. Would you mind posting your paperwork? Just curious as to what they did.

But to answer your question, the Raptor does have a louder exhaust than say a regular 3.5 eco.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what did they actually replace? I'm not familiar with an exhaust related SB. Would you mind posting your paperwork? Just curious as to what they did.

But to answer your question, the Raptor does have a louder exhaust than say a regular 3.5 eco.

See screen shot, they replaced the muffler assembly. Now mine sounds like a GMC Yukon, literally no exhaust at all. Which I kind of like. Not really a big fan of fake exhaust sounds or loud exhausts in general unless its a v12 engine or something. But it seems to have solved the power issue, now I can feel all of the 450 HPs. Definitely made a noticeable difference in peformance and acceleration.

left me wondering if that growl was really intentional by Ford or because most raptors have a faulty muffler construction :D

2D1D8E61-96AC-4878-9586-378A15897DD7.png

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they turned off the piped in exhaust noise?

Good point, not sure if they did. But prior to this repair, I could actually here the exhaust standing behind the truck when I remote started it. Wasn’t unusually loud, but sounded like a performance exhaust. Now when I start the truck, I barely even hear the engine running. The advisor said highly unlikely they put in a non raptor exhaust because they order the parts based on the VIN.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your service invoice. Need to check muffler part number. Sounds like they put a quiet muffler on your truck.
Also, the comment about 1 quart per 500 miles because it’s a Ford performance vehicle is the biggest pile of crap I’ve ever read.

I have a ‘19 (04/19 build month) that is using oil too. Lost 3+ quarts in first 6,000 miles and got a low oil pressure warning during a full throttle 0-70mph run. They did a full synthetic oil change for free and advised me to check oil level occasionally and bring back if it keeps using oil.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your service invoice. Need to check muffler part number. Sounds like they put a quiet muffler on your truck.
Also, the comment about 1 quart per 500 miles because it’s a Ford performance vehicle is the biggest pile of crap I’ve ever read.

I have a ‘19 (04/19 build month) that is using oil too. Lost 3+ quarts in first 6,000 miles and got a low oil pressure warning during a full throttle 0-70mph run. They did a full synthetic oil change for free and advised me to check oil level occasionally and bring back if it keeps using oil.

Yep, there is a TSB on that as well, to replace the valve cover. Didn't resolve my oil consumption issue though.