GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it.

They should almost have this as the "regular" muffler. Then for like $100, have the muffler that's currently on the Raptor as a sound "upgrade".

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what muffler Ford is using on the line today in new builds. This setup with the Limited muffler really sounds good. Ford proved that that muffler is a boltup to the raptor, so I bet there is a run on parts - either through Ford, or through the supplier that makes it!

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is definitely an octave or so lower. From my reading yesterday, the part number ending in “A” is for the Limited and the same part number but ending in “B” appears to be for the Raptor. You got the “A” muffler which is the Limited.

Thanks for the video. I’d love an in-cab acceleration run too with windows up. Below is a clip I took right at a thousand or so miles after I got the truck in 99 degree Texas heat at night so it’s a bit slow. Feels noticeably faster now that it’s much cooler and has more miles on it.

Anyway, it’s stock so you can hear the engine sound/noise. I’d love to compare with your Limited muffler!!!

Hey Quik, here it is, in-cab acceleration. Couldn't accelerate all the way up to 100 mph because I was on a surface street, but enough to hear what it sounds like inside the cabin.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quik, here it is, in-cab acceleration. Couldn't accelerate all the way up to 100 mph because I was on a surface street, but enough to hear what it sounds like inside the cabin.

This sounds very nice. Did you say that the fake exhaust through the radio was turned off, or is it factory configuration? Turning that off is pretty simple to do.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds very nice. Did you say that the fake exhaust through the radio was turned off, or is it factory configuration? Turning that off is pretty simple to do.

No, dealer put in a F150 limited muffler instead of a raptor muffler.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you!!! Your exhaust sounds noticeably quieter but I think I still hear the engine sound audio through the speakers. I wonder how quiet your truck would be with that turned off in conjunction with the Limited muffler? I bet it would be Navigator/F-150 Limited level quiet. Pretty awesome!!

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Your exhaust sounds noticeably quieter but I think I still hear the engine sound audio through the speakers. I wonder how quiet your truck would be with that turned off in conjunction with the Limited muffler? I bet it would be Navigator/F-150 Limited level quiet. Pretty awesome!!

That’ll be my next project. I might get the forscan and turn off that and a couple of other things. The only thing more offensive to me than a loud exhaust, is a speaker enhanced loud exhaust!!
Right - I know that was the muffler, but was curious if you shut off the fake engine sound that ford pipes through the audio.

No, did not turn off the fake engine sound.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’ll be my next project. I might get the forscan and turn off that and a couple of other things. The only thing more offensive to me than a loud exhaust, is a speaker enhanced loud exhaust!!

No, did not turn off the fake engine sound.

Do that and do a rubber spray undercoating in your wheel wells and under the truck and you’ll have the quietest Raptor ever made! :D