GEN 2 2019 Faulty Exhaust TSB 19-2286

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like they used the Limited muffler. Very interesting for those of us that don't like the loud Raptor exhaust.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10165706-0001.pdf

Do you still hear the piped in sound through the speakers? You should, but maybe it's not as pronouced with the quiet muffler.

Nope, nothing inside the cabin other than just the engine sound. I never really believed this whole muffler sound through the speakers thing to be honest.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, nothing inside the cabin other than just the engine sound. I never really believed this whole muffler sound through the speakers thing to be honest.

I wonder if you pull the relevant fuse to disable the speaker sound or however if you notice a difference? I've read it just enhances the stock exhaust sound, so if you don't have a stock exhaust sound anymore, maybe it adjusts accordingly? Very odd.

On the TSB, I haven't done it yet, I'm technically not supposed to be the TSB window due to my 04/19 build date, but who knows. But, yeah, I'm skeptical about whether the TSB for the valve covers/PCV will fix the oil consumption issue.

I'm going to check the level every thousand miles or so and see how fast it's dropping. Maybe it'll stop on it's own (haha)….

OP
OP
Beinkounter

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you pull the relevant fuse to disable the speaker sound or however if you notice a difference? I've read it just enhances the stock exhaust sound, so if you don't have a stock exhaust sound anymore, maybe it adjusts accordingly? Very odd.

On the TSB, I haven't done it yet, I'm technically not supposed to be the TSB window due to my 04/19 build date, but who knows. But, yeah, I'm skeptical about whether the TSB for the valve covers/PCV will fix the oil consumption issue.

I'm going to check the level every thousand miles or so and see how fast it's dropping. Maybe it'll stop on it's own (haha)….

Honestly, I prefer it that way anyway. I like to listen to music or talk on the phone while driving (hands free of course) and a loud exhaust is not conducive to either.

but what I am really wondering now is if Raptors are really supposed to have an exhaust sound at all, or are they all just fault mufflers!!!

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I prefer it that way anyway. I like to listen to music or talk on the phone while driving (hands free of course) and a loud exhaust is not conducive to either.

but what I am really wondering now is if Raptors are really supposed to have an exhaust sound at all, or are they all just fault mufflers!!!

haha, pretty sure the Raptors are supposed to have exhaust sound. That said, I do wonder how many of us would spec a Limited muffler if given the choice? I might actually do so, but I don't hate the stock exhaust sound. At least it sounds like something. Too many vehicles nowadays have zero exhaust sound. However, I do wish it had a nice V8 under the hood as I don't think I will ever fall in love with the V6 sound.

Pretty cool you accidently got a free Limited muffler under warranty and actually prefer how quiet it is! :)

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your service invoice. Need to check muffler part number. Sounds like they put a quiet muffler on your truck.
Also, the comment about 1 quart per 500 miles because it’s a Ford performance vehicle is the biggest pile of crap I’ve ever read.

I have a ‘19 (04/19 build month) that is using oil too. Lost 3+ quarts in first 6,000 miles and got a low oil pressure warning during a full throttle 0-70mph run. They did a full synthetic oil change for free and advised me to check oil level occasionally and bring back if it keeps using oil.
Mine 2019 is same date and since they replaced valve covers etc and I added a JLT catch can. And I did a switch to amsoil signature oil no usage at all I towed 4 hours each way on highway at 75 mph etc and 3000 on it since and just checked it and full to top. See about valve covers etc

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My date was 4-19 as well and it smoked on start up and used oil. Dealer did the valve covers and pcv and I added a JLT catch can and switched to amsoil signature. And have towed a bunch towing about 4500-5000lbs and have not used any oil. That worked for me

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My date was 4-19 as well and it smoked on start up and used oil. Dealer did the valve covers and pcv and I added a JLT catch can and switched to amsoil signature. And have towed a bunch towing about 4500-5000lbs and have not used any oil. That worked for me

Good to hear! No way will I add a catch can since I'm under warranty and got the 8yr/125k extended. I'm leaving this thing 100% mechanically stock because I don't want to give them any excuses to argue denial of warranty coverage. I like the torque/power of this turbo V6, but I just don't trust it long-term. That said, I will enjoy running the **** out of it under warranty the whole time I own it. ;)

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear! No way will I add a catch can since I'm under warranty and got the 8yr/125k extended. I'm leaving this thing 100% mechanically stock because I don't want to give them any excuses to argue denial of warranty coverage. I like the torque/power of this turbo V6, but I just don't trust it long-term. That said, I will enjoy running the **** out of it under warranty the whole time I own it. ;)
I have a catch can on my 2017 SCREW and the dealer told me that they could care less. It's had a few warranty issues as well and the catch can did not cause any alarms with the Ford Dealer.