2018 Shelby Raptor power steps problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a 2018 Shelby Raptor just for kicks. It now only has 116 miles on it as I rarely use it. I recently went to Europe for 5 weeks and when I got back the battery was dead. I put a small charger on it and waited a day. Now I notice there is no way to get the power steps to come down!
In my business I have 4 150 platinums and they all have these steps, so I am familiar with how to set them up in the dash panel.
The problem is that the option in the settings is gone . The truck software or Shelby’s software is not showing the step option,,,, it’s simply gone. Has anyone ever had this happen?
I’m quite annoyed as now my wife can’t get into the truck! 116 miles? At 120K I expected more. Any suggestions?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

McMillan

Reaction score
I noticed the plastic gear assembly, uhg! That might turn into an issue if you offroad much.
I am partial to the look of the factory running boards with the bedliner coating and the Raptor stamp.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a 2018 Shelby Raptor just for kicks. It now only has 116 miles on it as I rarely use it. I recently went to Europe for 5 weeks and when I got back the battery was dead. I put a small charger on it and waited a day. Now I notice there is no way to get the power steps to come down!
In my business I have 4 150 platinums and they all have these steps, so I am familiar with how to set them up in the dash panel.
The problem is that the option in the settings is gone . The truck software or Shelby’s software is not showing the step option,,,, it’s simply gone. Has anyone ever had this happen?
I’m quite annoyed as now my wife can’t get into the truck! 116 miles? At 120K I expected more. Any suggestions?
my 2017 Shelby Amp steps plug into the obdll port. They would not operate when the truck was really hot (texas summer) because the actuator computer box was on the side of the battery next to the turbo and acted as a heat soak. took it in for warranty last week, Ford replaced the box and said Amp knows it is an issue and had a new computer for it.
Take it in. Amp stands behind their stuff!

it is not a “factory” option and won’t show up on the dash. but i beat mine and bent the pass side. Amp don’t care, they will fix it.