2018 Raptor Running Hotter after Cam Phasers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdford6

Reaction score
'18 Raptor have not had phasers done but...

'18 Expedition, had the cold start rattle, had phasers done this summer. Have 45k miles. Since phasers being done all of a sudden I'm seeing 226, 228, 235deg temps pop up on the dash. Not towing, usually up a grade on the interstate, right at the top. Then, it dives right down below the level to display.

I guess I'll go in for a thermostat replacement and see what happens.

DO I take the Raptor in for phasers reprogram??? Been hesitant since have not had the rattle like our Expy did.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
'18 Raptor have not had phasers done but...

'18 Expedition, had the cold start rattle, had phasers done this summer. Have 45k miles. Since phasers being done all of a sudden I'm seeing 226, 228, 235deg temps pop up on the dash. Not towing, usually up a grade on the interstate, right at the top. Then, it dives right down below the level to display.

I guess I'll go in for a thermostat replacement and see what happens.

DO I take the Raptor in for phasers??? Been hesitant since have not had the rattle like our Expy did.
They do not need to be replaced unless they are rattling on cold start.

tdford6

Reaction score
*Update
Had my local shop put in a new Ford thermostat. Having zero issues now, no more "high" temps showing on the dash. Drove to Phoenix last week, 1,600 mile round trip. No problems yet.