2018 Raptor Crew Cab - Driver Door Won't Latch / Stay Shut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem?

Had a nice drive home last night from dinner, holding the door shut the whole way home because it wouldn't latch. That was fun!

Finally after trying to close it about 20 times when I got home, it finally latched and stayed shut. Opened it again, and wouldn't latch. Had to keep trying to close it until it caught, and stayed shut.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
was it super cold last night on Lon Gisland? This is a known issue for which there’s a recall and subsequent service bulletin. The repair has reported mixed success, some have gotten the “repair” done and reported being fine, others not so much.

I’ve understood there are 3 concerns
1) the cable; lube it with something water resistant like white lithium grease.
2) the cable attachment to the door itself, water collects and freezes (the cable?)
3) the latch itself.

Those of us on the (L)east coast are going to have perfect conditions to test whether or not the Ford repair has worked because it’s going to be cold as **** for a couple nights.

OP
OP
MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was it super cold last night on Lon Gisland? This is a known issue for which there’s a recall and subsequent service bulletin. The repair has reported mixed success, some have gotten the “repair” done and reported being fine, others not so much.

I’ve understood there are 3 concerns
1) the cable; lube it with something water resistant like white lithium grease.
2) the cable attachment to the door itself, water collects and freezes (the cable?)
3) the latch itself.

Those of us on the (L)east coast are going to have perfect conditions to test whether or not the Ford repair has worked because it’s going to be cold as **** for a couple nights.

Yea, it was in the single digits out here last night.

Already had the problem a few times with the Driver door not unlocking, but all other doors were fine. Saw that's a Cable issue as well.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull the door plugs and use a blow dryer or heat gun on low. This will evaporate the moisture, then spray some lube in there. It worked for me, I have a late production 18 with the updates.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it happen a few times on my 18 Platinum. Had the tsb done and it did nothing to fix it. When it happened I would spray the latch with grease and it would fix it for a while.

My 19 Raptor now just once would not unlock, drivers door only. I got in passenger side, pulled the button up and it opened. The power though would not lift it up. Once truck warmed up it was fine.

It’s really an embarrassment to ford. Can’t believe it hasn’t resulted in a huge recall.