GEN 2 2018 - Need some help on fogs please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakotablues

Reaction score
I just hooked up a Rigid Triple light kit.

I used lines 3, 4, and 5 (uplifters).

I thought I could cut the relay/fuse out of each of the 3 harnesses and wire directly to each uplifter line.

I did that, and connected the black/red line to a grounding point. Each light pair works individually, though they might seem a bit faint. When I turn all 3 on at once, the spots don’t come one (they are the highest amp draw).

Should I have just ran each of the 3 lines to the battery, left the relays/in-line fuses, and spliced the uplifter to the toggle switch line that comes out of the relay?

Really did not think I needed to use those parts or hook to the battery directly.

Please help me out and sorry if what I did was stupid!

Thank much guys. Would like to get these running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running the ford raptor lights with the kc highlites and baja sport, ran the same with the harness, no relays, each on 3,4 & 5 switches and they all work fine at the same time. not sure what would cause that to not work with all of them switched on. is #3 the spots that's not working?

OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
running the ford raptor lights with the kc highlites and baja sport, ran the same with the harness, no relays, each on 3,4 & 5 switches and they all work fine at the same time. not sure what would cause that to not work with all of them switched on. is #3 the spots that's not working?

Correct. It works by itself though. Unreal.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

27f565ccba69af0b944b97bcbf255a74.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

6c427b298954de2515b7c716a1a30224.jpg

OP
OP
Dakotablues

Dakotablues

Reaction score
Jeff Salmeri - YOU ARE THE MAN! Rook mistake on my part with a poor grounding location. Went straight to the battery as you suggested and Boom! I’m in your debt brother. Please PM me your addy. Meal for two headed your way. Can’t thank you enough for taking the time to help me. Have a super weekend!