2017 rear end dance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ArmedRawbry

ArmedRawbry

Reaction score
Jaison,
What you are experiencing is a loss of nitrogen more than anythingg. Your shocks aren’t “blown”. What happens is, over time everything loses pressure whether it is your tires or your shocks. Your shocks from the factory are charged to a specific gas pressure using nitrogen.

Without special tools you can’t check the gas pressure in your shocks. We make that easier by installing Schrader valves in your shocks. This makes it possible for you to check and maintain the nitrogen in your shocks.

Give us a call at Shocks By Hammer.

Check out our website at www.shocksbyhammer.com.

We have a shock exchange program for both Gen1 and Gen2 shocks.

You can also find us at Ford Raptor Shock Exchange and Suspension on Facebook. We have over 11 years of experience in the shock business.

You can also call me at 604-354-2126. We are open 7 days a week. Would love to help you out and help you understand what you’re dealing with.

Thanks,

Brian
Thanks Brian! Will be in touch very soon!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2019 raptor has addresses axel hop to a large degree. Would Deavers improve upon this. Do they make the ride more harsh when using a s daily driver?
BTW... you can get higher spring rate Deavers. I have OE height +450 (HDs). They are not what I would call harsh, but slightly more firm (I tow a boat). I've heard that the SDs or regular ones are actually a little softer than stock but can't confirm that. However, because they have a lot more (thinner) leafs, they have less axle wrap/bounce being more progressive.

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do shock rebuild with Forged Off-road you won't have any down time if you do there Exchange program. They give you a rebuilt set and you have a certain amount of days to give them yours so they can put into the exchange program. Only down time is however long it takes you to Remove and Install shocks

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shocks were toast by 55k miles with light off-roading. Also recommend the ride quality improvement with Eibachs and Deavers.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love to, but it’s my daily, so I can’t be down for more than a weekend. I’ll probably have to just replace them. ☹️
I found a local shop in my area and had them rebuild them. If the guy is good, he can get them done in one day. Just make sure they have the correct OEM refilling tool or have them install Schrader valves.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Instead of rebuilding them just buy some 2019-2020 new live-valve shocks and install the RPG delete kit along with them. That's what I did for my 2018. It was cheaper to buy some brand new live valves and delete kit than it was to just have the current ones "rebuilt". I then quickly sold the old ones for $500. Not to mention the orange looks a lot better than the blue lol.

If you have the funds though, I would suggest Deavers in the rear as well.

OP
OP
ArmedRawbry

ArmedRawbry

Reaction score
Instead of rebuilding them just buy some 2019-2020 new live-valve shocks and install the RPG delete kit along with them. That's what I did for my 2018. It was cheaper to buy some brand new live valves and delete kit than it was to just have the current ones "rebuilt". I then quickly sold the old ones for $500. Not to mention the orange looks a lot better than the blue lol.

If you have the funds though, I would suggest Deavers in the rear as well.
This is a route I’ve really looked into. Is there any difference in the performance of live valves (minus the live portion) and the older stock fox’s?

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: When buying LW shocks would/should they come with the wiring still attached? Or is that cabling attached at the shock itself and so can be disconnected easily? I guess I’m wondering how that cabling attaches.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
This is a route I’ve really looked into. Is there any difference in the performance of live valves (minus the live portion) and the older stock fox’s?

Honestly hard to say but I believe the live valves are better shocks than the previous shocks. The RPG delete kit for 17-18 non live-valve trucks sets the shocks to their softest setting. My factory shocks had around 75,000 before replacing them, so they were pretty mushy by that time, so really hard to compare with 75k miles to 0miles. I also replaced my 2018 bead-lock wheels with 2020 bead-lock wheels and threw on new tires, and some factory leaf springs I snagged from a local seller that only had 8k miles on them compared to my factory 75k mile ones. So yes, with all of that replaced, there was a night and day difference for sure, but again hard to compare to what it was like before. But once replacing all of that, my truck rode a lot tighter and raised it up quite a bit. I’ve read numerous times that the live-valve shocks sit higher and help combat the nose-dive and corner sway. The 19-20’s definitely sit higher than the 17-18’s from Factory too. The nose dive is still there, so some RPG 1.5 collars are on the wish list this Christmas.

I did this because it was literally cheaper than having them rebuilt and to raise the truck up a little higher. Plus the orange shocks just look so much nicer on my Ruby Red. I bought the live valves for $800 shipped to my door, sold the old ones for $500. Keep in mind, I did all of this as cheap as possible. Otherwise I would have added Deavers in the rear but $40 for some 8,000 mile stock springs was hard to beat.