2017 rear end dance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmedRawbry

Reaction score
What’s up all!

I recently picked up a one owner 2017 with 52k on the clock. Great truck top to bottom, but having owned a Gen1 with blown shocks at 95k, I can’t help but feel like the (at least) rear shocks on my Gen2 are either blown, or on their way out, even though visibly I cannot see any weeping or leaking. It has what I can only describe as “rear end dance” around rough, on road corners. The front feels “ok”, but just ok at best. Does it seem unreasonable that a one owner, serviced at the dealer it was bought, no signs of off-roaded 53k Gen2 would have blown shocks already?

Secondarily, does anyone have any feedback on my Ford extended warranty replacing them if they’re indeed blown, or do they fall under a “wear and tear” item.

Best,
Jaison

Attachments

• 8ED29BFB-C44C-4DED-8BB0-30C3CB964105.jpeg
    8ED29BFB-C44C-4DED-8BB0-30C3CB964105.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 35

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fox said (for the gen 1) that shocks need to be replaced at maximum 60k miles. even sooner if you go offroad. can be much sooner depending on how often you are offroad. i dont see why there would be a substantial difference for the gen 2, unless someone here has info proving me wrong and that im an effin idiot........

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shocks are likely toast. Or close. What tire pressure are you running? 36F/34R quiets the rear end down compared to 38 all around.

Jeff550

Reaction score
The mileage is right at the perfect time to get rebuilt. Even it had lower mileage, just the age would make it worthwhile.

Hit up forged-Offroad.com to get them rebuilt

OP
OP
ArmedRawbry

ArmedRawbry

Reaction score
The mileage is right at the perfect time to get rebuilt. Even it had lower mileage, just the age would make it worthwhile.

Hit up forged-Offroad.com to get them rebuilt
I’d love to, but it’s my daily, so I can’t be down for more than a weekend. I’ll probably have to just replace them. ☹️