2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Driving through the muddy mountains should be reserved for Jeeps only? I learn something new everyday.

You're missing the point. The truck is CAPABLE of it, but that'd be like Jeep doing a commercial showing a Wrangler doing 90mph on a desert road... yeah, not going to happen. :yourself:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're missing the point. The truck is CAPABLE of it, but that'd be like Jeep doing a commercial showing a Wrangler doing 90mph on a desert road... yeah, not going to happen. :yourself:

You're missing the point that Ford is testing the vehicle in a multitude of environments to find any weaknesses and just putting out a little footage of that process.

This isnt a Ford commercial either and 95% of Raptor buyers most likely wont even see this footage. All Ford is doing by putting this footage out is saying "Hey guys here is a teaser of the truck and we are doing a bunch of testing to shake out any potential problems and here is some footage to try and keep you happy while you wait!".

You dont think Ford isnt going to put out a more official "commercial" style video featuring it blasting through the desert like the commercial linked here for the 2012? Come on, lets all settle down, itll come.

This video isnt meant to have loud metal music in the background showing off amazing features of the truck with over the top editing. Its simply showing a little footage of the mule shakedown, thats it. Take it for what it is instead of what it isnt. Ford will put something crazy out there soon enough showcasing what the Raptor was designed to do.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You're missing the point that Ford is testing the vehicle in a multitude of environments to find any weaknesses and just putting out a little footage of that process.

This isnt a Ford commercial either and 95% of Raptor buyers most likely wont even see this footage. All Ford is doing by putting this footage out is saying "Hey guys here is a teaser of the truck and we are doing a bunch of testing to shake out any potential problems and here is some footage to try and keep you happy while you wait!".

You dont think Ford isnt going to put out a more official "commercial" style video featuring it blasting through the desert like the commercial linked here for the 2012? Come on, lets all settle down, itll come.

This video isnt meant to have loud metal music in the background showing off amazing features of the truck with over the top editing. Its simply showing a little footage of the mule shakedown, thats it. Take it for what it is instead of what it isnt. Ford will put something crazy out there soon enough showcasing what the Raptor was designed to do.

:flipthebird: and you settle down.

7be21546.gif

I'm also trying to find an official video "teaser" from Jeep showing them blasting it in the desert, I'm unable to find it. :sparta:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sincerely hope this forum can wrap their head around the fact the Gen 2 Raptor is different than the Gen 1 and I also hope Gen 1 owners dont brigade around in all the 2017 forums being ******** to Gen 2 owners.

I can see it now:

"Your truck sounds like a Honda har har har how gay!"

"Your truck looks different than my Gen 1 and Gen 1 is way cooler!"

"Gen 1 is best Gen sorry you bought a crap truck Gen 2'ers!"

"Gen 1 has count em one...two...more cylinders meaning its better because 2 is more!"

"Your truck aint 'Murican cuz it aint got a v8 in it you ****** bastards!"

"Gen 1 is best Gen because I aint got no Gen 2!"

Cant we all just get along and reserve all the harsh judgement until its actually warranted?

If I was a Ford rep my conclusion would be "Damnit, we shouldnt have changed anything because those dudes arent happy with anything other than their current rigs."