2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
simoncowellrejection2.gif.gif

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sincerely hope this forum can wrap their head around the fact the Gen 2 Raptor is different than the Gen 1 and I also hope Gen 1 owners dont brigade around in all the 2017 forums being ******** to Gen 2 owners.

I can see it now:

"Your truck sounds like a Honda har har har how gay!"

"Your truck looks different than my Gen 1 and Gen 1 is way cooler!"

"Gen 1 is best Gen sorry you bought a crap truck Gen 2'ers!"

"Gen 1 has count em one...two...more cylinders meaning its better because 2 is more!"

"Your truck aint 'Murican cuz it aint got a v8 in it you ****** bastards!"

"Gen 1 is best Gen because I aint got no Gen 2!"

Cant we all just get along and reserve all the harsh judgement until its actually warranted?

If I was a Ford rep my conclusion would be "Damnit, we shouldnt have changed anything because those dudes arent happy with anything other than their current rigs."

I have a gen 1 and if and when I want to I could get a gen 2. Still don't ever plan on selling mine anytime soon. I'd think about selling it if some one said 160k

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sincerely hope this forum can wrap their head around the fact the Gen 2 Raptor is different than the Gen 1 and I also hope Gen 1 owners dont brigade around in all the 2017 forums being ******** to Gen 2 owners.

I can see it now:

"Gen 1 has count em one...two...more cylinders meaning its better because 2 is more!"

Cant we all just get along and reserve all the harsh judgement until its actually warranted?

If I was a Ford rep my conclusion would be "Damnit, we shouldnt have changed anything because those dudes arent happy with anything other than their current rigs."

The only ass holes I've ever seen around this forum didn't even own a Raptor. And they had all kinds of shit to talk about the Gen 1 and especially the guys who could actually afford to own one, which you continue to do, only now you are doing it in your little passive aggressive back handed way.

Plenty of guys around here have already sold their Gen 1 in anticipation of the Gen 2. And many of the Gen 2 improvements were based on what was learned from Gen 1 owners right here on this forum.

Gen 2 is widely anticipated around here and will be even better received. So I don't think you have anything to "worry" about.

That said, it was dumb of Ford to release that particular video. All it showed was how bad the engine sounds and how poorly turbos are matched to short, muddy hill climbs. Gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off, gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off...

Hey, speaking of blow off... isn't that your area of expertise? Hot air, I mean. Yeah, that's what I meant.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one cares if it will go through an easy dirt trail with a professional driver on a closed course and don't attempt that at home FYI. Raptor owners get it.

Plus, anytime I see that disclaimer, especially if it has something to do with a Raptor, I gotta f'in do it!!! It's kinda like calling us out for not being professional drivers.....

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

I can see it now:

Just remember, when we start to 'brigade' around the new gen 2 owners, that you fired the first shot!!! I think this forum is full of guys that don't take themselves too seriously and can handle themselves just fine. What we really can't stand is people telling us how we're going to act before the we actually act. Oh by the way, this is America, and as far I understand we can still have our own opinions and verbally communicate how we feel about something any way we want. If you don't like that fact then you are definitely on the wrong forum.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I can see it now:

I go along with 123458
Otherwise I think you are just a girly plant from the new eco ford green agenda trying desperately to convince us that less is more!