2014 order status thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey blood, can you confirm something for me? from what i understand build for the 14's dont start until oct 28th. however my dealer sent me an email saying he thinks the truck has been built already. i think he doenst know what he is saying and just trying to give me some news. i believe i am still scheduled for nov 4th. i dont need you to check on my status, but a little insight on production start would be helpful. thanks dude.

Maybe your getting one of those preproduction models they produce, you know to work the bugs out?

Scottyneutron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Blood,

Your service will earn you a place at my table any time, sir.

My VIN is: 1FTFW1R61EFA00261

Many thanks in advance,

Scotty

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have already ordered, did your dealer require a $500 deposit?

2nd question for those with trade in vehicles...did you go in to get price on your trade? Obviously your trade would have more miles by the time your new truck gets here so how does that work? Never ordered a vehicle before.

Haven't asked if the 500 is contingent/refundable based on my trade in. Haven't gotten to that part yet, still shopping for best deal...so far $1,420 over invoice is the best I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

VAFordGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have already ordered, did your dealer require a $500 deposit?

2nd question for those with trade in vehicles...did you go in to get price on your trade? Obviously your trade would have more miles by the time your new truck gets here so how does that work? Never ordered a vehicle before.

Haven't asked if the 500 is contingent/refundable based on my trade in. Haven't gotten to that part yet, still shopping for best deal...so far $1,420 over invoice is the best I can find

I think you and I have talked to a lot of the same dealers. When I was asking around the requirement for a deposit was $500, but only 1/2 the dealers asked for this. Been reading post on this site and $500 seems standard and should be refundable. I would just make sure its understood before deposit is made.

For trade in, there was only one dealer who even asked about it, and for some reason he seemed more interested in negotiating trade in price with me than he did the cost of the new vehicle. He even had me go to an online site to get the trade in value before he even sent me a pricing sheet for what I was asking for on my Raptor. I understand trade in is one of the ways dealers make money, but... this was very odd to me. (I did not order from this dealer) I did bring up trade in value with the guy I ended up ordering from after we agreed on the Raptor price and he suggested to me that once we get a build date, I try to sell my current truck myself, and if I was not having luck by the deliver date, he would take it at what ever price webuyanycar.com offered me.

Good luck, let me know when you find a deal!! Seems to be a lot of MD and VA guys getting 14s, they will probably arrive around same time, we need to get something together! Also, the dealer I told you I ordered from got me my DORA Friday afternoon and also changed my priority to 1 after I asked him to and sent me conformation :peace:

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you and I have talked to a lot of the same dealers. When I was asking around the requirement for a deposit was $500, but only 1/2 the dealers asked for this. Been reading post on this site and $500 seems standard and should be refundable. I would just make sure its understood before deposit is made.

For trade in, there was only one dealer who even asked about it, and for some reason he seemed more interested in negotiating trade in price with me than he did the cost of the new vehicle. He even had me go to an online site to get the trade in value before he even sent me a pricing sheet for what I was asking for on my Raptor. I understand trade in is one of the ways dealers make money, but... this was very odd to me. (I did not order from this dealer) I did bring up trade in value with the guy I ended up ordering from after we agreed on the Raptor price and he suggested to me that once we get a build date, I try to sell my current truck myself, and if I was not having luck by the deliver date, he would take it at what ever price webuyanycar.com offered me.

Good luck, let me know when you find a deal!! Seems to be a lot of MD and VA guys getting 14s, they will probably arrive around same time, we need to get something together! Also, the dealer I told you I ordered from got me my DORA Friday afternoon and also changed my priority to 1 after I asked him to and sent me conformation :peace:

We probably all spoke to the same dealers.

As for trade-in... The place I finally went with appraised my car and gave me an offer. The truck will depreciate some so the price will go down.

On thing to consider about selling or trade-in: remember that in MD if you trade a vehicle in, you're only taxed on the difference of:

SALE PRICE - TRADE = AMOUNT TAXED

In my case that's about $1500 difference. So, if I sell my car I have to make at least that over what they offered.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's why I didn't even being up the trade in thing yet... Want to lock in the new truck price first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TMS4311