That's it...I'm out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not even going to be offended or disagree.

I‘ve been driving and building Jeeps for... well a long time. Long enough to have started with a CJ at least.

Even I am disturbed at the direction the culture has taken. Mostly by the little girls and mom types who wave at my Jeep. Not me...clearly. But the Jeep. I mean..that’s creepy right for a married dad type person to be waving at HS girls.

And the mall.crawling and neon and polishing and 20” wheels. Yuk! Almost as bad as some of the Raptors here.
(you see what I did there?)

The good news is that it leaves plenty of easy driven rigs to cut up and modify in the future.

truly every off-road enthusiast needs both. The raptor can’t go where Jeep goes. And Jeep just doesn’t cruise, drift, and fly like the Raptor.

sorry for the digression. back to regularly scheduled thread.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not even going to be offended or disagree.

I‘ve been driving and building Jeeps for... well a long time. Long enough to have started with a CJ at least.

Even I am disturbed at the direction the culture has taken. Mostly by the little girls and mom types who wave at my Jeep. Not me...clearly. But the Jeep. I mean..that’s creepy right for a married dad type person to be waving at HS girls.

And the mall.crawling and neon and polishing and 20” wheels. Yuk! Almost as bad as some of the Raptors here.
(you see what I did there?)

The good news is that it leaves plenty of easy driven rigs to cut up and modify in the future.

sorry for the digression. back to regularly scheduled thread.
It's all in good fun! But I totally agree, that would be kind of weird to wave at a bunch of teenagers.. And you're right there definitely some odd balls in the Raptor group as well. But you are at a disadvantage where, like you said, anyone and their mom and buy a jeep and then lift it with 35's call it a day and wave at every single person on the road. The barrier for entry into the Raptor club is a little more steep so we get the advantage of ignoring all the rest of the clowns on the road lol. My wife's family is a jeep family, he dad has a CJ (I think? the old one?) and I made my wife sell her 2014 because it was obnoxious. She had a light bar on top that created so much wind noise you couldn't drive over 50 without doing deaf

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all in good fun! But I totally agree, that would be kind of weird to wave at a bunch of teenagers...

Yeah, their parents get annoyed when I do that. I should probably just wave my hand.

And you're right there definitely some odd balls in the Raptor group as well.

Hey. Hey. No talking about my private parts here in public, please.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all in good fun! But I totally agree, that would be kind of weird to wave at a bunch of teenagers.. And you're right there definitely some odd balls in the Raptor group as well. But you are at a disadvantage where, like you said, anyone and their mom and buy a jeep and then lift it with 35's call it a day and wave at every single person on the road. The barrier for entry into the Raptor club is a little more steep so we get the advantage of ignoring all the rest of the clowns on the road lol. My wife's family is a jeep family, he dad has a CJ (I think? the old one?) and I made my wife sell her 2014 because it was obnoxious. She had a light bar on top that created so much wind noise you couldn't drive over 50 without doing deaf
I think you missed the point of the lightbar howl. It drowns out the incessant chatter of the wife. ;)