2013 Raptor Engine Performance Issue need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you are not leaving the truck running while fueling up!!!
Never try to top it off, when it stops, STOP!

Also the filler neck is not air tight,
and that cover (if equipped) on the pump handle is supposed vacuum the vapors and vent them back into the station.
There are many states that have the rubber flange to prevent gas from squirting out and running down the paint.

I don't know which model you have,
but the SuperCab only has a 26 gal tank (plus a little reserve) and the SuperCrew has a 36 gal tank.
I would have to get my manual to get the exact numbers.

Now having said all this, someone may have damaged the filler neck by filling it up without the supplied adapter under the rear seat.
Or someone may have tired to siphon gas out which will destroy the neck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MB2013

MB2013

Reaction score
There are two lines from the vapor can one that goes to the purge valve on intake and one goes to the vent line exits near firewall it vents to the atmosphere. The solenoid on the canister will activate when truck is on and send fumes to engine through the purge. When truck is off it sends fumes to the vent. If you pull the the line from the tank to the canister it allows the vapors to vent to the air, not a good thing for the air but it does. If the pump vapor cover had a vent you wouldn’t need the vent line or vent solenoid. It’s actually a common problem with evap cans especially with ford trucks.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So which Raptor do you have? SCab or SCrew

Try filling with the handle not at full force.
Your probably getting back splash when it gets close to full.

I notice here in NYC, that all the new and rebuilt stations do not pump fast any longer.
Sucks for us because we have fill our selves.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The air in the tank has to go somewhere while the tanks fills, displacement. The fumes/air gets pushed through the charcoal canister to be “cleaned” and is vented to the atmosphere through the vent line (exits at the rear of engine near firewall). If the charcoal canister is clogged the air won’t vent. So when fueling the pump stops at less than capacity of the tank because the air is not being displaced enough to add more fuel. Removing the line into the canister just let’s the raw fuel filled air into the atmosphere. In California the pumps have a cover on the end that prevents any fumes coming out the filler neck. Other states pumps don’t have this so you will never really experience the tank not filling all the way because the air is just displaced through the neck.[/QUOTE

Understood... but i thought he mentioned the evap canister was replaced by Ford. You would think they would have checked the function of solenoids etc. Thats why I was confused that he still could not fill the tank.