2013 My Ford Touch <-> iPhone 5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck on Friday and when I pair my iPhone via Bluetooth MFT says text isn't supported. Also, when I say "Bluetooth Audio" MFT always says that no device is sync'd and that it will search... then it finds my phone and plays my music.

Can anyone confirm that these are normal limitations for iOS? (Note that if I turn the truck off while streaming music it resumes automatically next time I get in. It seems, then, that the annoying "no device sync'd" is a consequence of changing to radio/sirius.)

So far none of the freezes or crashes other MFT people have complained about here. All works well with the two very minor annoyances above.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have never tried the texting with the Bluetooth but I will say I have had issues using Bluetooth with my iPhone 5. I have resulted to just plugging it in and then I don't have any issues. I don't like using the phone like that anyway. I'd rather use the earpiece.

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got the truck I had a blackberry and the truck would read the text to me. Didn't really like it. Got the iPhone 5 about three months ago. No text. Haven't tried to play music from installed a 120 gab hard drive and connected via the USB. No need for phone to play tunes.

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Text is not supported with iPhone, something to do with apple sending text message via bluetooth not secured or something to that matter.

And for music, just hit the sync button and say bluetooth audio.

OP
OP
D

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MudButt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool hopefully they finally sort out mft and pairing it with the iPhone 5. thinking about trading in the '10 when the 2014s start rolling out

OP
OP
D

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iphone 5 works with text messages on MFT. The link above that dfelicia posted should work.

Hmm. I enabled the setting on my phone, but when I say "messages" to MFT it tells me my device is not supported. Does this setting merely allow message notification to sound through the MFT? Or should I be able to dictate texts and have replies read to me?

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I enabled the setting on my phone, but when I say "messages" to MFT it tells me my device is not supported. Does this setting merely allow message notification to sound through the MFT? Or should I be able to dictate texts and have replies read to me?
I also followed the above instructions and my 2013 Raptor keeps saying my phone is not supported. I have a Iphone 4s with version IOS 6.1.3

OP
OP
D

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. I got a text while driving, today. It worked. MFT read it to me. Unfortunately, it seems to be receive only. You can't dictate via iOS.