GEN 3 --Anyone Else Not Crazy about their new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sanibel

Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Raptor last week (lead foot gray, 801A package) then took it back to my excellent Ford dealer five days later, so am continuing to drive my 2017 Raptor (I kept it, didn't trade it in.) The issues I had are multiple, and all seem to have to do something with the Synch 4 electronics system. For starters, instead of being allowed to choose preset radio stations, the Synch4 Screen is preloaded with a random list of 100 or more and, as I was informed, it is impossible to delete them. So, the driver must create a ‘profile,’ and choose favorites, then, to play or switch a station, must go through Tunes>Profile>Favorites process again. Worse, after creating a favorites list on my profile (which was time consuming) sometimes my list of favorites appears in my profile, sometimes it does not.

When system is linked via cable or Bluetooth to my iPhone, the Audio Source button reveals options: AM, FM, Sirius Radio. But “Sirius Radio” sometimes does not play when chosen. Afterward, when I disconnect my iPhone, Sirius, via Audio Source, sometimes remains a Dead button. A voice command is required to access Sirius Radio — hello to the same lengthy factory list of random presets.

When I try to shift from Normal to Slippery, etc the truck computer sometimes freezes in Towing or Deep Sand or Baja. On a rainy day, this requires me to park and wait for the computer to catch up.

There are others: For the first three days, upon shutting off the truck, I was alerted with this sinister warning: Check Back Seat for Passenger! I finally figured out how to negate this, but why ship the truck from the factory with a default setting that seems designed for serial killers?

Sometimes interior lights don't come on, sometimes they won't go off for 20 minutes or so.

Do you Gen 3 owners have similar problems. The people at my Ford dealer are excellent, but the company seems to have abandoned intuitive simplicity for complexity. Thus far (aside from the ride) I much prefer my 2017 Raptor.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Raptor last week (lead foot gray, 801A package) then took it back to my excellent Ford dealer five days later, so am continuing to drive my 2017 Raptor (I kept it, didn't trade it in.) first three days, upon shutting off the truck, I was alerted with this sinister warning: Check Back Seat for Passenger! I finally figured out how to negate this, but why ship the truck from the factory with a default setting that seems designed for serial killers?

Are you sure this guy isn't hiding under your back seat? I had read it was a Gen 3 option.

the-crystal-lake-slasher-gnome.png

Last edited:

Bugzuki

Reaction score
Our 2020 Escape has the same check the back seat warning. It is probably in all Ford vehicles that have a rear seat. Really irritating but you never know someone might forget that they have kids and accidentally leave them back there when they get on an airplane for a vacation in Hawaii.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2020 Escape has the same check the back seat warning. It is probably in all Ford vehicles that have a rear seat. Really irritating but you never know someone might forget that they have kids and accidentally leave them back there when they get on an airplane for a vacation in Hawaii.
You can turn it off in Settings.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the correct way to write that would be "accidentally". And it would be no accident.

OP
OP
Sanibel

Sanibel

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your interesting replies -- particularly about the default backseat serial killer warning. But I was hoping to hear from other Gen 3 Raptor owners who are, or are not, having frustrating issues with their long awaited new truck. The Ford Synch 4 electronics (in my short experience) are confusing, frustrating, undependable and a pain in the ****.