2018 B&O Play System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the B&O is much better than the Sony in my 2013. Decent mid’s A little tinny highs and not much bass response but it’s louder than the Sony, cleaner, and less hollow/ more warm. I still ditched the stock sub (didn’t even know it had one) added a JL audio stealth box and amp. It flat out rocks now. I also added some headrest DVD action for the kids on the longer trips. Pretty much the same setup I put in my 2013. If you are comparing to home audio I only use Deftech and Denon. So sound is very important to me.

I must say the 2018 is improved in every area over the 2013 I had.

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kills me about this system is how the source on sync 3 doesn't automatically change when you play something on your phone. I have other vehicles that will switch the source automatically from let's say Satellite to Media as soon as I play a song on Spotify from my phone. With sync 3 when I play a song on my phone I have to manually switch the source to media before it plays on sync 3. I've asked this question before so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. Like everyone has mentioned it sucks navigating through all the sources on this system.

If I'm understanding correctly, this may be a setting on the phone. I recently got a new phone and after setting it up with Sync, my phone asked if I wanted it to automatically connect with apps.