GEN 3 --Anyone Else Not Crazy about their new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Get off of my lawn!

The tech in my first pickup was an AM radio. It didn't work. NAV was printed on paper. You may have heard in your history classes that they made that by grinding up trees ... our caveman vehicle was a farm truck with a floorboard starter and two manual transmissions with no synchromesh. I learned to drive that when I was fifteen. Moving from there to a semi was cake. I like not having to hitch hike to town to find a phone booth when I break down. And the engine performance is nice. A/C I like. But the rest of the tech is pretty useless.
My first vehicle was a 1974 Ford Pinto. It came free with a flatbed trailer we bought for $50. The guy told us that we could only take the trailer if we took the car that was on it. It topped out at a whopping 45mph, and it took about 30 seconds to accelerate to that speed. It had AM radio only with three buttons where you were happy just to get close to the station you wanted. It also had a single mono speaker that for some odd reason you could pick up and move around. Surprisingly (to me at least), I had a lot of hipsters begging to buy it.

I might be spoiled by tech today, but I was initiated by a "true" American classic.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7500 miles or so on my 21' Did a video with the top things I didn't care for, but they were pretty minor.

I've had none of the Sync 4 issues you're describing...as a matter of fact it's been much more reliable than the Sync 3 system in my gen 2 and our Edge ST.

Overall, it's been one awesome truck! Other than the color(I didn't order mine) it's everything I would have ordered if that had been a viable option.

Hope you get your complaints resolved...truly seems like yours has some issues.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sync4 has a couple of glitches that I would hope get fixed with software updates. Other then that I have the clunk and an exhaust valve rattle. I love mine and don’t regret buying it at all.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless a rocker arm on your 6.2L bites the dust. Ask me how I know
Anything can happen. There's quite a few 6.2s out there with 200k miles +. Most likely I'd get another 6.2 engine and keep driving it. It's paid off and has 105k miles on it. Not bad for a 2010. I'm sure that Gen3 is sweet though. It looks very refined compared to the old Gen1s.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love mine also. absolutely 100x better than my 2020. truck is bada**. It would cost you at least 20-25k to convert a gen 2 to 5 link and run 37”s correctly off-road!

Attachments

• B96E9669-8921-4707-A718-48487EBBE4AD.jpeg
    B96E9669-8921-4707-A718-48487EBBE4AD.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 64

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100 X better? Wow! Looks like my 2020 needs to go.
yes better in every aspect from daily driving to towing to high speed sand runs. also rear is way more planted and also no axle hop thanks to the 5 link. i was very hesitant to buy the gen 3 thinking the engine and trans were the same but i can tell you it is very different and hard to explain with our driving one. it feels like the made some major changes to the powertrain. have had all gens and they just keep getting better. engine now has instant off the line torque ( no lag like gen2’s) also transmission is how it should have been in the gen 2. now i’m patiently awaiting @ addictive desert designs to release the pro bolt on and frame cut bumpers for the gen 3 lol

Attachments

• A2B83109-BB73-40E6-9E6F-4A7B7F6C9D63.jpeg
    A2B83109-BB73-40E6-9E6F-4A7B7F6C9D63.jpeg
    893.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

dhdcf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nowhere close to Podunk, where most of you live.
I've had mine since September 20th and only have 334 miles. I don't drive it much but the times that I do I haven't experienced anything that makes me regret buying it. The only thing that comes to mind that I think is crappy is the shifter. It moves into park too easy when moving from drive into reverse in a hurrry. Maybe I'm just getting in too much of a hurry with it.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since September 20th and only have 334 miles. I don't drive it much but the times that I do I haven't experienced anything that makes me regret buying it. The only thing that comes to mind that I think is crappy is the shifter. It moves into park too easy when moving from drive into reverse in a hurrry. Maybe I'm just getting in too much of a hurry with it.
Agreed shifter does feel cheap but the rest of the truck is amazing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter