GEN 3 --Anyone Else Not Crazy about their new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had zero issues with my truck 750 miles in. Yes got the kid in the back warning and disabled it and hasn't been a problem since. I do notice the doors need a bit of force to shut but i am ok with that as the tight fit keeps the road noise down when I want it quiet. There is no question the cabin noise is down vs my Gen 2.

i have teenage boys and when I drop them off at school I get all sorts of alarms when they take their seat belts off before the car stops when we are in drop offline-got to figure out if I can disable that too.

Desert Dan

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your interesting replies -- particularly about the default backseat serial killer warning. But I was hoping to hear from other Gen 3 Raptor owners who are, or are not, having frustrating issues with their long awaited new truck. The Ford Synch 4 electronics (in my short experience) are confusing, frustrating, undependable and a pain in the ****.
I feel the same! Can't disable autolocks, IP reverts back to fuel mileage, Navigation continues to reroute while driving on a straight road? I spent 21 years in Ford dealerships and I LOVE Ford products but they added a little to much gadetry(?) to this truck for my liking. I didn't want a Lincoln! LOL

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had zero issues with my truck 750 miles in. Yes got the kid in the back warning and disabled it and hasn't been a problem since. I do notice the doors need a bit of force to shut but i am ok with that as the tight fit keeps the road noise down when I want it quiet. There is no question the cabin noise is down vs my Gen 2.

i have teenage boys and when I drop them off at school I get all sorts of alarms when they take their seat belts off before the car stops when we are in drop offline-got to figure out if I can disable that too.
Assume Forscan can fix that....I have all the nannies off on Gen 2.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2020 Escape has the same check the back seat warning. It is probably in all Ford vehicles that have a rear seat. Really irritating but you never know someone might forget that they have kids and accidentally leave them back there when they get on an airplane for a vacation in Hawaii.
Cannot believe this feature is in a production vehicle. Ridiculous. Long live the Gen 1

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still slumming it in my Gen2 since the dealer wanted to screw me on a trade in for a Gen3….The more I see these issues the more I think it work out for the best for me.
There are no issues. Don’t let 1 bad review distract you. I purchased a GEN3 because a dealer gave me a ridiculous offer on my GEN2. I thought the only advantage of the GEN3 would be the interior BUT there is so much more. It drives completely different from the GEN2. The rear suspension is just incredible. And I swear it is much faster and even brakes better. I am not sure how Ford could make it better BUT I guess we will find out soon when the R is out.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel the same! Can't disable autolocks, IP reverts back to fuel mileage, Navigation continues to reroute while driving on a straight road? I spent 21 years in Ford dealerships and I LOVE Ford products but they added a little to much gadetry(?) to this truck for my liking. I didn't want a Lincoln! LOL
OEM nav sucks. Use apple CarPlay or android auto.