2013 drowned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruisin67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have said, I'm just glad everyone is ok.

As far as the truck sliding, boat ramps can be really deceptive. Quite a while back my dad, uncle, and I were loading up our boat. We were waiting for dad to bring the boat around the dock and my uncle was standing about even with the bumper of the truck on what appeared to be dry concrete. He simply turned his head, and his feet decided they wanted to swap locations with his head. When he finally stopped sliding he stood up, grabbed the boat and pushed it on to the trailer.

Although he went home soaking wet, I chalked it up as a lesson learned. Fortunately he was unhurt and we all had a good laugh over it, as I'm sure you will too someday. (This story is much more entertaining in person where you can see my dad mimicking my uncle's arms flailing as he slid past the boat trailer.)

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
man sorry to hear about your truck. Glad everyone is ok. I am surprised looking at the pics of the ramp it does not even look to steep.

OP
OP
blockdoc

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The adjuster finally called me. NADA doesn't have a published value on 2013's right now, so they wanted my paperwork from when I bought the truck. They were trying to say they would take what I paid and bump it down for depreciation.

I said they needed to just look at MSRP, and what I was able to negotiate down should not affect retail value. I'm just going to send them the window sticker; I don't think I'm going to be able to find the papers from the purchase.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
email them the web window sticker.

The adjuster finally called me. NADA doesn't have a published value on 2013's right now, so they wanted my paperwork from when I bought the truck. They were trying to say they would take what I paid and bump it down for depreciation.

I said they needed to just look at MSRP, and what I was able to negotiate down should not affect retail value. I'm just going to send them the window sticker; I don't think I'm going to be able to find the papers from the purchase.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i need hush money.... otherwise i call them and tell them you got it at invoice....... who is your insurance carrier?

sorry....... its my nature to be a smart ass

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who swam to the middle of the lake to recover the boat?

Is the boat trailer okay?

Were you underwater on the loan?

OP
OP
blockdoc

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck was winched up the ramp with a wrecker. Trailer was still attached to the truck. Once it got up to level ground, we disconnected the trailer, connected it to another truck, loaded the trailer and a friend hauled it home for me. Trailer did fine.

I owed much less than the value of the truck. I didn't pay MSRP, and I put a fair amount down.