2013 Driver door latch issue!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I picked up the Raptor I have had this intermittent issue with the driver side door handle. It is only intermittent but annoying as all get up!

Here is the problem: Without rhyme or reason, I unlock the truck and the door handle does not catch on the first try. I have to let the door handle reset and then I can open the door.

It does not happen all the time but it is annoying to no end when you are multitasking and you unlock the truck, expect the door to open, and it just slips out of your finger tip with a loud slingshot snap.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any remedies? Anything in particular I can tell the Service Dept (because you know that they are going to try it and it will work every time).

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it shouldnt be a problem, ford uses a module that has door trigger and actuator in one unit and its sealed. but maybe the impacts could have done something....

OP
OP
Dr_Pain

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service manager called and gave me an appointment for Friday, so I will keep you posted. I am also getting the MFT recall software upgrade done. A 2hrs job is what I was told.... :pokeowned:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask them to check adjustment of door/s. I went back for this same problem three times AFTER they tried replacing the door actuator. Sounds identical to my dilemma I was dealing with.

OP
OP
Dr_Pain

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks swamping ill do that. Dr pain what was your solution?

They opened the door panel, checked and lubricated. It did NOT fix the problem. I did not have time to make it to the dealership to get them to look at it again (because of the holidays).