2013 Bullrun Rally - 2012 Raptor SCrew Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monstarapta

Reaction score
If you haven't read the book The Driver by Alexander Roy give it a read. I think he still holds the coast to coast record and won the 2005 Gumball. Talks about a lot of logistics and planning. Large support team. Even used a plane for part of the race to scout police. It is a good read.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have a pretty good size support team right now... Between SMC events, Roush, ICON, RPG, WSI, synthetic motorsports, the car stereo company, frf, and all the local FRF members.. Most are providing prerally items and support, but all of the are just a phone call away.. No planes or helicopters though..lol

Still have a couple months to go, but I feel like we have almost everything covered..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i sure hope you win this thing. with all the other guys who are helping out too, the only way i see you not winning is if you get struck by lightning. and lets hope that doesnt happen.

go get em greg.

whenever you are ready, give me a call

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is kind of what I was planning... See if i am thinking correctly..

Fuel pump powered from upfitter switch.. This makes sure pump can not be left on over night or anything silly like that.

In line fuel rated electric shut off valve hooked to ignition circuit so it is only powered open when vehicle is on.
View attachment 16858
12 Volt Fuel Shut Off Valves

Or I thought maybe powering it off upfitter switch which then powers a separate switch to turn on pump. This way it is a two step process that should take care most issues...

As far as aux tank vent, will it need to be connected to stock tanks vent lines?

The vapor line that runs along the fuel fill tube I see no reason why that shouldnt be used... Looks ease enough to get to and has a rubber hose in it

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the gears subject. The only way to regear 2011 and up is to either pick up a 2010 Raptor axle or wait a few months for our Dana 80 option....

Damn...

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
nice im thinkin of pullin a plug on a transferflow refuiling station 50 gallon.. that way i can fill up my quads and whatnot too. maybe a custom race rack to hold it too.

to just fill 50 gallons with 91 will cost 279 dollars + cost of oem tank. dayummmmmm

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't read the book The Driver by Alexander Roy give it a read. I think he still holds the coast to coast record and won the 2005 Gumball. Talks about a lot of logistics and planning. Large support team. Even used a plane for part of the race to scout police. It is a good read.

I thought the guy from "fast and loud" (discovery channel) and his partner held the record :shrug: